Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Bundeswher Badges with provenace!

Article about: These badges came to me thru Volksjager, whop also sold me my West German Helmet....all these badges belonged to the soldier who owned the helmet. I believe the small skull pin is a unit thi

?

Default Bundeswher Badges with provenace!

These badges came to me thru Volksjager, whop also sold me my West German Helmet....all these badges belonged to the soldier who owned the helmet.

I believe the small skull pin is a unit thing, one of those badges that "Der Speisse" could authorize for wear on caps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100889.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	339370  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bundeswher Badges with provenace!

Very attractive items congrats.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Thanks mate....

I do like these badges, got 20 others and more on the way!

?

I really like the reservist badge, these are such nice quality metal badges...

The "Brunswick"-style skull pin is a commercially availabe pattern, see here for examples offered on two German dealer websites:

Pin Mini Metall Totenkopf - ASMC | Ausrüstung Sicherheit Militär Camping
    Recon Company - Outdoor, Militär, Polizei - Ausrüstung und Bekleidung BW Mützenanstecker Metall Totenkopf

Many such pins depicting military branch- and unit symbols or vehicles are available; here's that product category on one of the above dealers' websites:

Pins Angebote im Online Shop günstig kaufen und per Versand billig bestellen. - Seite 1

I cannot comment on the question of whether that pin is worn on-duty with BW uniforms at all, but if so, it would surely be on an individual and strictly unofficial basis without even local authorization. (The use of traditions symbols - especially those with such connotations as a Death's Head - is a very sensitive matter in the Bundeswehr.)

?

Thanks for the info!! All I know for sure is it came from that particular soldier, still a nice thing to have as part of this display

?

That's a great site!!! A lot of those pins I have seen in photos of bundeswher personnel....thanks again

HPL2008 is quite right about the "Skull" traditions badge.....I have never seen one worn within the BW, I think it would lead a discipline charge if it was, and not worn by a "Der Speiss" ! who is a figure head in the company, and set examples ! The other badges, "Panzergrenadiertruppe" beret badge, "Panzeraufklarungstruppen" beret badge, a bronze grade "Reservisten" Leistungsabzeichen (Proficiency badge), next, all three grades, bronze,silver and gold badges that affix to the "Shutzenschnur" (Marksmanship lanyard), the last badge is a "Tatigkeitsabzeichen" (Trade badge) Silver grade for "Fuhungsdeinstpersonel". Of course some pin badges have been seen worn on combat clothig/hats, equipment whilst in service with the BW, heres a Flecktarn cap with a "Marder" pin attached, I would imagine signifying Panzergrenadier ! and a rank badge on the rear.
    Nice set of badges !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI1786.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	259.7 KB 
ID:	339517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI1785.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	292.1 KB 
ID:	339516  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI1784.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	339518  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

?

Thanks for all the info, I can certainly understand the issue with the "skull" badge....

I remember even in the Australian Army it caused concern....one of the LAV troops in 2 CAV REGT had a totenkopf painted on their vehicles as an unofficial troop sign, and they were quickly told to remove it !!