Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BW Flak jacket.

Article about: Gents another bargain find....at £10 ! a nice well used 1988 made "Splittershutzweste" or flak jacket to us non Germans, in flecktarn. I suppose I shall have to procur some combat

Default BW Flak jacket.

Gents another bargain find....at £10 ! a nice well used 1988 made "Splittershutzweste" or flak jacket to us non Germans, in flecktarn. I suppose I shall have to procur some combat equipment to keep it company ! It is marked to a soldat of the 1st Zug (platoon) of the KSK (German special forces), which I believe is a platoon of the "land insertion" company of the KSK. Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BW Flak jacket.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BW Flak jacket.
    P
    Many

Default Re: BW Flak jacket.

Nice one Steve and a great price too Congrats.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Very nice steve are the body armour panels still in the flack vest and are they made out of composite,kevlar, or other.

Regards Mark K

Mark, sadly not... I would imagine they will be expensive to purchase, besides it is heavy as it is !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

A friend of mine has a U.S Vietnam era flack jacket with all the body armour panels in it still and you are right they are heavy. I cant imagine having to were one of these all day long humping through the bush never mind in a place like Vietnam were there is high heat and humidity.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    A friend of mine has a U.S Vietnam era flack jacket with all the body armour panels in it still and you are right they are heavy. I cant imagine having to were one of these all day long humping through the bush never mind in a place like Vietnam were there is high heat and humidity.Regards Mark K
    Mark...exactly, as I dont intend to use it, I will not bother to obtain the plates, they are available at approx £200+ ! heres a set (U.S.) and a table showing the various protection levels available, makes interesting reading......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BW Flak jacket.   BW Flak jacket.  

?

You are correct sir it does make for very interesting reading the APM2 armor plating states that it protects against 30 cal I do imagine that the impact would still be enough to crack or break ribs and leave one hell of a mark.

Regards Mark K

?

I'd like to give this topic a bump, as I've finally gone and placed an order for one of these. These Fleck jackets, as I've seen them refereed to due to their camouflage pattern, were made to be very light, and provide minimum protection, testing by private owners has revealed an approximate protection Level IIA; Level II in some cases. The panels are Aramid Kevlar sheets, this vest does not use hard plates; though there are companies that specialize in making custom plates, that could be made to fit.

Due to their low levels of protection, today they are only used to be worn while in base, and not out in the field. They are very popular with airsoft and paintball players due to their relative light weight, while still offering protection and comfort.

Looking at the pictures, I think yours has the Kevlar sheets inside, judging on how the collar seems to be supported from the inside (even the collar has sheets of Kevlar in it, supposedly).

Nitram

I believe that most stores sell these with the kevlar sheets inside, at least everywhere I have seen these they have the kevlar inside them. Looks like a nice vest, I can just tell by looking at it that it must be a whole lot more comfortable to wear than the US PASGT I have.
    I still have not succeeded in obtaining one yet, a local store here in Finland have these every now and then, but when they do, I am magically out of money

?

There is one for sale here BW Splitterschutzweste flecktarn gebraucht - ASMC | Ausrüstung Sicherheit Militär Camping 34 Euro, so Steve made a good deal. ASMC is a pretty cheap shop and i can highly recommend them.

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast