Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

BW Knights Cross holders uniform..................

Article about: Gentlemen, my latest uniform, that of a Bundeswehr Heer Major, named to a Kurt Bentin, who won his RK 12.02.1945 for actions in the Festung of Schneidemuhl, a town now called Pila in North W

Default BW Knights Cross holders uniform..................

Gentlemen, my latest uniform, that of a Bundeswehr Heer Major, named to a Kurt Bentin, who won his RK 12.02.1945 for actions in the Festung of Schneidemuhl, a town now called Pila in North West Poland. Bentin was at the time an Oberleutnant in the Führer Gren Btl 8/9 "Feldherrnhalle".
    Born 23.03.1914 in Unna, Westfalen, died 01.04.1992 in Oberschleissheim a suburb of Munich.
    A highley decorated soldier, he held the following awards...
    RK...... 12.02.1945
    Deutsche Kreuz in Gold... 28.06.1944
    EK I .....30.08.1941
    EK II ....10.11.1939
    Close Combat Clasp in Bronze...15.06.1944
    Infantry Assault badge in Silver.
    Wound badge in Gold................28.02.1945
    Prague bar & medal...................1939.
    Ost medal................................1942.
    Army 4 year Long service medal.
    Bentin joined the Army in 1934, commissioned in 1942 as a Leutnant, promoted Oberleutnant 1944. Kurt Bentin was captured in 1945 by British troops and was released in September of that year. He later joined the Bundeswehr in 1956 as a Hauptmann, promoted to Major 1964 he retired 31.03.1968.
    The tunic and trousers I show are for the rank of Major, the model 1957 grey four pocket tunic, piped in green for either Infantry or Fallschirmjager, it displays his last assigned arm shield, that of the Zentrale militarische Dienststellen der Bundeswehr (Central Military Services of the armed forces), complete with trousers sporting matching green piping down the outside seam.
    It is my opinion that this tunic was his daily wear service jacket, although in good overall condition it is some what faded, evident around his ribbon bar loops, where shadows of his bars are quite distinctive, and under lapels etc.....a name tag with date of 1960 and showing the rank of Hauptmann is sewn inside the interior pocket, which is the norm for German soldering, although many suffer the fate of being cut out ! IMO the shoulder straps have been replaced around 1963 with new rounded regulation straps, instead of the pre-1963 pointed straps, a common up grade, why buy a new tunic !
    Sadly his ribbon bars did not come with the uniform........I need to find them, or at least know they are safe and sound ! I have therefore replicated his ribbon bars for display.........hope it looks O.K. !
    Prost Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BW Knights Cross holders uniform..................   BW Knights Cross holders uniform..................  

BW Knights Cross holders uniform..................   BW Knights Cross holders uniform..................  

BW Knights Cross holders uniform..................   BW Knights Cross holders uniform..................  

BW Knights Cross holders uniform..................  
    Attached Images Attached Images BW Knights Cross holders uniform..................  BW Knights Cross holders uniform.................. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BW Knights Cross holders uniform..................
    P
    Many

There are buttons under the right shoulder strap and lapel indicating wear of a Fangschnur (Aiguillette) or "monkey bars".........also on the right chest above the pocket are loops for a badge/decoration....the only badge that fits these loops and would be correct for the late 1950's/early 1960's is the second pattern Fallschirmjager qualification badge, which I have fitted for display.
    Prost !Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BW Knights Cross holders uniform..................   BW Knights Cross holders uniform..................  

Last edited by oradour; 02-10-2014 at 03:43 PM.

?

Steve
    Very impressive Tunic, every time i bid on any post 57 kit i am beaten. Well done for the research and for showing us your latest!

Paul

Great looking Uniform Steve!! From an old warrior that continued his service for his country after the war. I wonder how many more of these are out there??
    Thanks for sharing this with us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

I like what you have done Steve.

Excellent!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!