MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

BW Moleskin M43 style cap........

Article about: Gents, finally arrived a 1983 dated moleskin M43 style cap, originally designated as part of the "arbeitszug" work detail uniform from 1955 on.....it became a popular item of dress

Default BW Moleskin M43 style cap........

Gents, finally arrived a 1983 dated moleskin M43 style cap, originally designated as part of the "arbeitszug" work detail uniform from 1955 on.....it became a popular item of dress and was used around the barracks and on manoeuvres....the first models were made of a HBT material, as the uniform began to evolve and the material changed to the moleskin type in the 1960's so the cap followed suit....note the change in badge, from the Heer crossed sabres/roundel on the earlier models to the just the national roundel, for ease of issue as the same cap was worn by both Heer & Luftwaffe.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BW Moleskin M43 style cap........   BW Moleskin M43 style cap........  

BW Moleskin M43 style cap........   BW Moleskin M43 style cap........  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BW Moleskin M43 style cap........
    P
    Many

Nice cap, i've got one somewhere!....

very nice addition steve and worth the wait ,in passing it looks very similar to the older style caps,im wondering why these caps have a fake foldown section and buttons ,is it purely cosmetic, thanks for sharing james

Hi Steve, lovely information and cap.
    Thank you for showing.
    Cheers
    Nuno

James, a purely traditional feature, none functioning on the "Arbeitszug" mutze ! Both the military and civilian versions have been worn since the Great war, they are often seen in post war photographs and seem to follow the traditional "M43" style, the civvy versions can be seen with buckles or buttons.....a version was available in the BW in a woolen material from 1955 to around 1962 in a blue grey colour with withe metal Heer or Luftwaffe badges, and of course the M43/Bergmutze style is still worn today by the BW Gebirgstruppen, and not forgetting the "Flecktarn" cap which is still in the M43 style..........see here...
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BW Moleskin M43 style cap........   BW Moleskin M43 style cap........  

Hi Oradour, A quick question for you if I may? I am guessing from your knowledge and photos that you collect West German material?? I too collect German, East, West, Imperial and TR. However, my question is, do you by any chance have a spare pair of senior officer's epaulette wreaths in silver (Major thro Oberst)? If so are they available for sale or trade?
    Cheers Michael R

Micheal, pm sent................
    Prost ! Steve.

many thanks steve for answering my question and explaining all the different designated caps its also nice to see you have an example of the more modern flectarn cap in your collection too,cheers james

Cheers Steve!! Regards MR