Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

BW Namenschilds.........name tapes.

Article about: Gents, just landed a mini collection in its own right, forty BW namenschilds/name tapes, these little blighters are hard to find at the best of times and are always missing on nearly all ite

Default BW Namenschilds.........name tapes.

Gents, just landed a mini collection in its own right, forty BW namenschilds/name tapes, these little blighters are hard to find at the best of times and are always missing on nearly all items of olive/cammo clothing offered for sale..........For 10 euros I could not resist hitting the buy it now button !
    These finish off a jacket a treat.......they were not required wearing in the BW until the early 1980's, however they seem to have appeared in the late 1970's but by 1982 they were in regulations, only as private purchase items, they seemed at that time to be worn by career soldiers.....In 1989 they became mandatory wear for all ranks, regular or conscript. I also show a current tape for use on the Wustentarn/Tropentarn tunic in Afghanistan ISAF contingent, that I have in my collection.
    They were worn either sewn (in the early days) or velcro backed on all olive, flecktarn and wustentarn field uniforms.....jackets/parkas/shirts and pull overs, I have seen and it appears to be common, olive tapes on flecktarn jackets, see image below..... as they are private purchase, a number of desins seem available but are basically the same size and font, again see images for differences. last tiny image courtesy of Gordon Graig GMIC.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BW Namenschilds.........name tapes.   BW Namenschilds.........name tapes.  

BW Namenschilds.........name tapes.   BW Namenschilds.........name tapes.  

BW Namenschilds.........name tapes.   BW Namenschilds.........name tapes.  

Attached Images Attached Images BW Namenschilds.........name tapes. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BW Namenschilds.........name tapes.
    P
    Many

A nice find there Steve!...

Quote by oradour View Post
    as they are private purchase, a number of desins seem available but are basically the same size and font, again see images for differences.
    See here for a typical example for the range of nametapes available from one commercial seller:

Mit individuellen Namensbändern von ASMC Wäsche & Co. kennzeichnen | ASMC

(Not all models are intended or suitable for Bundeswehr use, of course.)

superb instant collection stevegreat write up too ,i never realised so many variations ,the isaf one is my favorite ,on a side note i cant thank you enough for the gifted namenschilds you sent i have just completed the look on my favorite parka using one of them and very pleased with the result ,great link andreas i have used this german site in the past BW Namenschilds.........name tapes.
    Regards James

James, you are welcome ! your Parka looks a treat ! I must say I prefer the oliv ones on flecktarn, they obviously stand out more, I will take some shots of some new (to me) Flecktarn items I have just got...another field jacket, a Parka and one piece panzer suit, both the Pz suit and Parka are finished off with oliv badges, the field jacket flecktarn badges..............
    Prost ! Steve.

thanks for the compliment on the finished parka steve ,you new flectarn items sound very interesting so ill look forward to seeing them
    Last edited by James C; 05-11-2014 at 07:11 AM.
    Regards James