Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Camo ID Please

Article about: Hi, Whilst digging in my garage for war relics and Japanese soldiers from WWII, I happened upon a Camo suit which I must have "collected" at some time in the last century. Can anyo

Default Camo ID Please

Hi, Whilst digging in my garage for war relics and Japanese soldiers from WWII, I happened upon a Camo suit which I must have "collected" at some time in the last century. Can anyone ID the suit, organisation and country of origin please? Any comments or opinions would be appreciated!!

Thank you in advance

Regards Michael R

Camo ID PleaseCamo ID PleaseCamo ID PleaseCamo ID PleaseCamo ID Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo ID Please
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

It's Austrian , post war .

Austrian Fleckerltippich 1957-1978 but did stay in service until the 80s with some units!..

Edit, used by the Austrian army (Bundesheer)..

?

I love the Austrian version of flecktarn ..sorta like dot 44 . I have been looking for some. They are very similar to the SS camo, but far more affordable.
    Dean

Hi Gentlemen, I did not recognise the rank nor unit badges but thought that the style and camo looked very Germanic ergo I put it on the BDR Sub Forum. Austria is'nt far from Germany so I am not too far off?? Thank you all for your responses and information, it is highly appreciated.
    With thanks, regards and best wishes MR

PS Dean, I do not collect Camo of any nationality or period so if the suit is of interest, please send me a PM. Cheers MR

The Austrian camo has always been harder to get than the German versions, hence it tends to be more pricey when you can find it. I used to have a jacket in this pattern which I wore for digging, but it sadly wore out and I had to bin it eventually.

Very generous of you Michael.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Gentlemen, I did not recognise the rank nor unit badges but thought that the style and camo looked very Germanic ergo I put it on the BDR Sub Forum. Austria is'nt far from Germany so I am not too far off?? Thank you all for your responses and information, it is highly appreciated.
    With thanks, regards and best wishes MR

PS Dean, I do not collect Camo of any nationality or period so if the suit is of interest, please send me a PM. Cheers MR
    The rank is Leutnant but i aint got a clue with the unit patch!....

Thank you for your comments Jerry. Greatly appreciated!!
    Cheers MR

- - ------- - -

Thank you for your comments too Paul. Greatly appreciated!!
    Cheers MR

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    The rank is Leutnant but i aint got a clue with the unit patch!....
    It's for the Landwehrregiment 33 (from Lower Austria); see: Österreichs Bundesheer - Allgemeine Stoffabzeichen - Fotogalerien - Bundesland Niederösterreich I

Hi HPL, Thank you for the info and appologies for my delayed response!! Austrian badges must be relatively rare? Given the number of badges that I have seen for sale and handled myself, I recognised almost none of the badges in the link. Thank you once again
    With regards and best wishes Michael R

PS. If you have 5 minutes, would you care to take a look at the Imperial medal groups forum. I have listed a couple of ribbons which you may be able to ID. If you can, I would be, as always, most gratefull. Cheers MR