Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A collection of 57er wound badges...................

Article about: Just a pointer on the St u L versions.............mid production and late production badges are very similar and can be confusing........here I show the two side by side, although they both

Default A collection of 57er wound badges...................

Gentlemen, my collection of wound badges, St u L early, mid and late production. Deumer trio and Souval trio, plus something unusual....a total of 16 altogether, I really like these little blighter's ! You can see the different finishes, hardware and designs, especially following the Stu L timeline...I shall add to this thread over the next few days to show all.
    First all the badges together, a group shot so to speak.......
    Prost !Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A collection of 57er wound badges...................   A collection of 57er wound badges...................  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A collection of 57er wound badges...................
    P
    Many

Trio of early St u L wound badges........approximately 1957-1960. Sadly the catch on the gold grade needs re- attaching, something I will address in the near future........
    I show the black badges separately as the detail does not show in the trio images.
    Prost !Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A collection of 57er wound badges...................   A collection of 57er wound badges...................  

A collection of 57er wound badges...................   A collection of 57er wound badges...................  

next trio, St u L mid production wound badges, approx 1960-1968, note the change in hardware and die on silver and gold grades.....................although still solid they are now dished with a rim at the rear.
    This was also the last era of the hollow backed black grade badge.
    Prost ! Steve.

A collection of 57er wound badges...................   A collection of 57er wound badges...................  

The third and last line of St u L wound badges, late production, approx 1968-1986 ? note all are now solid backed, they are infact the same die strike but with different finishes according to grade, note also the open hinge and second taper pin assembly.........
    Prost ! Steve.

A Deumer trio..................1957-mid 1960's.
    Prost ! Steve.

Finally the last trio, Souval's, probably from the early 1950's to mid/late 1970's ? The black grade has a rough textured finish, see last images....an assortment of hardware on these badges, that changed through out their history from typical wartime type to late St u L style..........These badges are very light in weight and the gold grade is painted rather than anodised and polished like Deumer and St u L versions !
    Prost !Steve/

?

Steve you have been wounded a few times I must say....Remind me not to hang around with you on the battlefield lol....Also loving these photos & reference..so thanks for posting.. lovely collection.. Cheers Terry.
    Last edited by Tango; 01-22-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Nice thread Steve. I always like Wound badges.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade !
    Here is a comparison image of the three makers wound badges, side on showing the width of those makers wound badges...........left to right, St u L, Deumer, Souval.
    Prost !Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A collection of 57er wound badges...................  

very nice Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast