Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

A couple of BW short films.............

Article about: Worth a watch Gents............ Bundeswehr / West German Army 1965 - YouTube Chroniken der Bundeswehr (Teil 1) - YouTube Two very different points of view ! Prost ! Steve.

Default A couple of BW short films.............

Worth a watch Gents............
    Bundeswehr / West German Army 1965 - YouTube
    Chroniken der Bundeswehr (Teil 1) - YouTube
    Two very different points of view !
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A couple of BW short films.............
    P
    Many

Both good films, cheers for sharing!...

Thank you. I will find you more Bw films, if you so wish. There are a number in You Tube. Also ones for the Austrian Bundesheer of the same epoch.

The one film is a UK production, with the skeptical view of the Bw and Innere Fuehrung as reigned among the NATO allies in the epoch, who somehow expected the Bw just to be the Wehrmacht. Part of the film is made at the Bundeswehr Schule f. Innere Fuehrung in Koblenz, on the Rhine. The film was made at a time of civil military uproar in the FRG in the 1960s.
    The other are FRG films, with merely brief glimpses of the first years after the foundation of the Bw in the fall of 1955. Mention is made of the Iller tragedy, when a number of recruits drowned in a training accident that became
    a civil military scandal associated with the new Bw.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-11-2014 at 02:19 PM.

This is a Norddeutscher Rundfunk reportage on an exercise with an armored infantry unit in the year more or less 1972, about the time I was a student in the FRG.

Panzergrenadierbrigade 2 Unternehmen Manöver 1/3 - YouTube

Here is a training film for the US made M 47, little loved at the time because of its gas engine, but the thing on which my friends learned the craft of the armored soldier. Panzer M47 -part 1/3- Vorbereitung zum Gefecht (1957) - YouTube

I know this is off topic to this but I enjoyed the little clip on Leib 47 with Karl Johns FB I liked him better in the Luft officer in the longest day I watched this movie when I was ten when it came out. timothy

Liebe 47 it was, and Karl John is a fine actor, indeed.