Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

A couple of items and some patches.

Article about: I visited my family in Germany for the first time in 1986, the year after my father passed away.. At that time, my cousin worked on a Military base. I informed her that I was interested in a

Default A couple of items and some patches.

I visited my family in Germany for the first time in 1986, the year after my father passed away..
    At that time, my cousin worked on a Military base. I informed her that I was interested in any patches or items she could access to give to me.
    These are the items that I received from her.

I believe this is an Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

If I am correct, this is a cap badge for a Fallschirmjäger.

A pair of shoulder boards and I believe, a pair of cuff rank tabs for a Waffenrock.

A couple of items and some patches.A couple of items and some patches.

The information I will post is what was written on a piece of paper for me. If any of my identifications are incorrect, please feel free to correct me.

Federal Minister of Defense, (Army part of guard battalion).
    The silver-grey cord around the patch indicates Division.
    The red cord around the patch indicates 2nd Brigade of Division .

First Army Corp.
    Yellow cord around patch indicates 3rd. Brigade of Division.

3rd. Army Corp.
    Yellow cord again. (3rd. Brigade)

3rd. Armored Corp.
    Silver-grey cord, (Division)

4th. Armored Infantry Division.

6th. Armored Infantry Division.

11th. Armored Infantry Division.

12th. Armored Division.

1st. (8th) Mountain Division.

9th. Airborne Division.

Home Defense Brigade 53.

Home Defense Brigade 54.

Home Defense Brigade 56.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A couple of items and some patches.
    P
    Many

These two patches are not written down as to what they are, any info appreciated.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Wish I had a cousin like that!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The first piece is not an Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. In fact, there are no Third Reich-style combat badges in the Bundeswehr at all. It's a Leistungsabzeichen [Proficiency Badge] in silver.

The second item is indeed a beret badge for paratroops. It's an early model; the later ones as still used today have the black-red-and-gold national flag at the base.

The shoulder boards are for the rank of Stabsunteroffizier. Branch color appears to be the medium-blue for the Logistiktruppe [logistics troops] and the former Technische Truppe [technical troops]. (Colors can be deceiving when viewing digital photos on monitors. If it is actually a dark blue, it's for the Sanitätstruppe [medcial troops].)

The pair of patches seen as item # 4 are not cuff tabs for a Waffenrock; there are neither Waffenröcke nor cuff tabs in the Bundeswehr (although the NVA actually had cuff tabs). They are collar patches. The color appears to be bright red on my monitor, which would be for the Artillerietruppe [artillery troops] and the former Topographietruppe [topographical troops]. (If it is actually orange-red, it's for the Feldjägertruppe [military police].)

The sleeve shield in the last post is the unit insignia for the Ausbildungszentrum Technik Landsysteme [Technical Training Center, Land Systems].

The round patch in the last post is not from the Bundeswehr at all; it's the shoulder sleeve insignia for the US Army South (USARSO).

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The first piece is not an Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. In fact, there are no Third Reich-style combat badges in the Bundeswehr at all. It's a Leistungsabzeichen [Proficiency Badge] in silver.

The second item is indeed a beret badge for paratroops. It's an early model; the later ones as still used today have the black-red-and-gold national flag at the base.

The pair of patches seen as item # 4 are not cuff tabs for a Waffenrock; there are neither Waffenröcke nor cuff tabs in the Bundeswehr (although the NVA actually had cuff tabs). They are collar patches. (The color appears to be bright red on my monitor, which would be for the Artillerietruppe [artillery troops] and the former Topographietruppe [topographical troops]. If it is actually orange-red, it's for the Feldjägertruppe [military police].)

The sleeve shield in the last post is the unit insignia for the Ausbildungszentrum Technik Landsysteme [Technical Training Center, Land Systems].

The round patch in the last post is not from the Bundeswehr at all, it's the shoulder sleeve insignia for the US Army South (USARSO).
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thank you so much for filling in the information that I do not have Andreas!
    My cousin did not actually tell me what they were, it was typed on a piece of paper when I received them.

The shoulder boards are a medium blue for Logistiktruppe, and the collar tabs are red for Artillerietruppe.

I was not expecting that I had a U.S. patch included.

Ralph.