Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Dealings with Tall Tom

Article about: Morning all I would imagine some of you have noticed Tall Tom ( Thomas Crossley) has been banned and I guess in some small way I am responsible for that so I would like to start at the beggi

Default Re: Dealings with Tall Tom

i am truely shocked at the lot of you did you know that i created 3 other accounts to try to talk to the mods i even got christina to ask as well all those accounts and ip address got banned no answers so heres my story bet this account will be banned now too

I contacted Mark in regards to Sumpftarn (camouflage) as I knew he was after some and my local antique shop had a mountain of it. He said that he was interested and I went and got some photos of the jacket and the cap these items were chosen at random from a pile and I said as much (representative items). I didn’t get any photos of the trousers as my battery had died but I did tell him they looked practically unissued (i.e. not worn). He then told me to get a set for him and that he would pay me £250 (with the gift method so that I wouldn’t lose money to the PayPal payments) on the Monday coming as it was a Saturday and he needed to go to the bank to transfer funds so I went out and paid for them with my own money I returned home with them and on Monday £225 had been paid into my account I told him that there was £25 missing and he said he had paid £250 as a standard payment meaning that I had lost money just for helping him out he said that he would add £25 after he had received the items along with the cost of postage which he had sent me £15 when it cost £30 (I have the couriers receipt) I agreed and sent the items to him on the 15th Jan he emailed me (on the forum which I cannot access) and said they had arrived and was very happy on the 16th and the 17th Jan he posted the original jacket on the forum and everyone said they were good originals. On the 17th he also emailed me saying that the trousers and cap and jacket were not original and that he wanted a refund. On the 19th I got banned from the forum (because of him) and my IP address was banned too meaning that I cannot access the forum to find out what's going on. He then on the same day opened a claim with PayPal I offered him £100 on the grounds that he return the cap and jacket because he had received pictures from me he declined that offer I then offered him £150 if he returned the jacket he declined. I then received various emails that a lot of people would class as threatening “make your life a misery” etc I replied to each and every email until the 20th Jan when he progressed the claim to step two because it was 11pm and I had gone to bed!!
    I then chose the option of I pay the full amount when he sends me the items back in the original condition. The next slide shows his email after I had chosen that option. It has then gone round in circles until he offered I pay him £150 via gift option and he gets to keep everything and that he will close the claim. I said the same thing he said to me “that he would receive £150 on Monday as it was Saturday night” I then transferred £150 across to PayPal which took till the 30th of Jan when it has been knocked of the -£225 PayPal credit. I am still awaiting an email of him!!

TOM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dealings with Tall Tom
    P
    Many

i personally think the mods owe everyone a reason why personal messages are passed around willy nilly bet no one knew that did you

?

Tom I have kept every email and private message plus are transactions accounts and logs through paypal and I have no problem posting it all here for every body to see .I was in contact with paypal yesterday morning and you refused the amended offer that I sent you for 150GBP .

Regards Mark K

Thanks! So now we have 2 different stories. I saved Your story just in case (maybe it will be deleted or something). PayPal is secure payment system for buyers. If You are a seller and accept PayPal there will be always a risk that Your account will be limited or You will lose even more than You ever got.

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    (maybe it will be deleted or something). .
    its always good to have too sides just a shame no one bothers to ask the other party concerned just charge right ahead
    more than likely i still have a negative balace thanks to yours truly meaning can't use paypal

?

It's always a good idea to get pics of the exact items in question and take it from there. There have clearly been some issues with the items in this deal, and if you do not send the same items as on the pics passed between you two, it's a problem. I do a lot of running around between shops and collectors, and if i do not get the pics the buyer want's, then i will have to go again. I will not get further into your dispute. Too complicated. But i can read that Mark was not too happy about the items in question.

Quote by StuG III View Post
    It is really sad when one cannot trust fellow collectors. I actually liked Tall Tom, such a pity.
    Tom
    Same thing here!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Gentleman....this is only the tip of the iceberg, this fellow Tom has purported to be a serving member of Her Majesties armed forces, the RAF Regiment, indicating he is both married with a baby....he is fact a 18 year old schoolboy, living at home with his parents ! I am at the moment quite ill with a chest infection, and are not well enough to continue this post at this time, i.e. to go into depth and provide evidence....I am sorry guys (Mods) I leave the detail to you.......
    Steve.

?

C Re: BGS Thread This is a direct quote from the BGS thread post 8 concerning the trousers

for mark local antique shops are rather good again best picture with my phone there were 2 different designs this one looked the best of the bunch

ps there were some 2 sets of trousers as wll but one was practially worn though with frayed edges the other was a bit better but still in used condition the photos haven't really worked for the better one (too dark to see) if you want i will get pictures of the trousers.

Regards Mark K

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gentleman....this is only the tip of the iceberg, this fellow Tom has purported to be a serving member of Her Majesties armed forces, the RAF Regiment, indicating he is both married with a baby....he is fact a 18 year old schoolboy, living at home with his parents ! I am at the moment quite ill with a chest infection, and are not well enough to continue this post at this time, i.e. to go into depth and provide evidence....I am sorry guys (Mods) I leave the detail to you.......
    Steve.
    Are you joking Steve? Well guess not but have to ask.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast