Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Dealings with Tall Tom

Article about: Morning all I would imagine some of you have noticed Tall Tom ( Thomas Crossley) has been banned and I guess in some small way I am responsible for that so I would like to start at the beggi

Default Re: Dealings with Tall Tom

Personally, I am absolutely appalled by this deception and whole construction of lies that this kid has done here. People on this forum have been more than decent to him and he's repaid their good faith and friendship by this repulsive mountain of nonsense he's put together. To make matters Further worse, he now adds Christina's good name to bolster his "story's legitimacy". I know Personally that Christina has done Nothing but befriend him and has absolutely No part in his sick fantasy lies here and I certainly hope that All of the others here realize this. To pretend that he is a military Vet(!) and has done Combat Service is particularly reprehensible and more than beyond acceptable. Many of our forum members here either Are or Have Been in the services and have, indeed, seen actual combat and this is an affront and a direct Insult to them and their comrades in arms ! We all Try to think the best of people and give them the credit of a doubt when we meet them new, but when that faith is destroyed by a deliberately and elaborately built story, there is no accepting this. We've been played here by a clever thinking Kid and enough is enough. I am absolutely in support of the action that Ade had taken here and further believe that apparently more digging is needed here to ferret out any More fake names and identities being used here. If One Kid can do this, I have to wonder what Other crap is being pulled in here that we Don't know of.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dealings with Tall Tom
    P
    Many

?

Rob I started this thread after a lot of deliberation as I thought the membership should no the details behind what happened this did not come easy for me and he was someone I considered as my friend.

Regards Mark K

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Rob, I think people deserve to know the truth. People go from one forum to another and at least now no one else should be taken in by him.

Also several people have been asking why he was banned.

Cheers, Ade.
    Yes I agree a post from you or some other moderator is a good idea in a situation like this, because it will inform people of issues, and allow members to feel they are being treated as peers (this is a 'community' after all). As long as it's unbiased and fair to all involved, it also shows good leadership from the moderators, and it's good to feel things are being managed well and decently.

I just don't see the point of bringing this up in this fashion at all. "Bad form", if you ask me.

Rob

?

Rob with all do respect I really did not know any other way to do this as I felt I needed to at least tell why all this began . I am sorry if you feel it is in bad taste I have thrown no mud here and have only kept to the details.

Regards Mark K

Hi Rob, I know the whole thing leaves a nasty taste in the mouth. Sadly not a pleasant way of doing it.

Hi Chrissy, don't worry as I said when you forwarded the message, nothing to reflect badly on you.

Hi William, I fully expected you and others like Tom in South Africa to be appauled.

I and the rest of the Mod team do carry out regular checks almost every day to weed out any false accounts and any dubious members are always looked into promptly. He really got under the radar as he become such a forum regular. Always a danger, when you think you know someone...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thats terrible,
    I liked tom, but not anymore. He was always so nice and I was shocked when he was banned. I was waiting for a thread like this to happen and I am glad I now know what happened.

Anyways,
    Pat

?

Guys a lot of work by the mods goes on behind the scenes to ensure the forum runs smoothly for all members in an atmosphere which is condusive to the aims of why we all come here . Much of this focuses on troublemakers , spammers and those who are downright deceitful and certainly includes Walter Mitty fakers like Talltom.

In some ways this thread can stand as testament to that work and to the high standard of membership we have here.

Banning someone is a decision which is not taken lightly so it can be taken that if someone is banned then something which may not be known to all members has justified that decision in this case with this " Walter " it was a " No Brainer " !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

OK, it happens all the time and I have a feeling that many of us are not in real life the same persons we are in different forums. But the good thing is that moderators have time to explain such things and that is the reason i like this forum. If talltom was just a kid he is at least a pretty talented one. Maybe he will become a good actor or a salesman...

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

I and the rest of the Mod team do carry out regular checks almost every day to weed out any false accounts and any dubious members are always looked into promptly.

Cheers, Ade.
    And more we cannot ask or expect, thanks to all who keep this forum the friendly and educational haven it has become for me.
    Tom

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    If talltom was just a kid he is at least a pretty talented one. Maybe he will become a good actor or a salesman...
    - or a politician

Sorry.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast