Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Early 57er General Assault Badge

Article about: Gents, one of several 57er awards I have picked up over the last couple of weeks, this is a nice early General Assault Badge by St u L, more stunning in the flesh, the photo does not do it j

Default Early 57er General Assault Badge

Gents, one of several 57er awards I have picked up over the last couple of weeks, this is a nice early General Assault Badge by St u L, more stunning in the flesh, the photo does not do it justice ! Frosted with burnished highlights, and in very good condition....enjoy. These early pieces are the ones most collectors desire...advising would be "newbie" collectors of 57er's against the later production pieces, I personally like all the 57 awards, early,mid or late production, there is a place in every collection for all varients, good or bad, (so long as they are original pieces, as fakes are now appearing !) and I personally will never call them "crap" as on other forums. Prost ! Steve.

N.B. the GAB in 57 form was also available as a rivited two piece award, marked with a small plaque at the base with either 25,50,75 and even a 200 (causing much much dabate) for multiple assaults.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early 57er General Assault Badge   Early 57er General Assault Badge  

"The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early 57er General Assault Badge
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Early 57er General Assault Badge

Very nice Steve I personaly like to see awards and or medals with a bit of wear and patina if it could only talk It would be intresting to know it's history.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Very nice Steve I personaly like to see awards and or medals with a bit of wear and patina Regards Mark K
    Mark, I agree..but its nice to get a "minty" one occasionally.You should like this one then.... 57er Silver Luftwaffe transport clasp
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."

?

Very nice Luftwaffe transport spange Steve it is amazing how much of the frosted finish has come off .

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Very nice Luftwaffe transport spange Steve it is amazing how much of the frosted finish has come off .Regards Mark K
    Mark, that is one of the complaints about late production pieces ! this one is caused either by poor finish/use or misuse !
    Prost ! Steve.