Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early 57er General Assault Badge

Article about: Gents, one of several 57er awards I have picked up over the last couple of weeks, this is a nice early General Assault Badge by St u L, more stunning in the flesh, the photo does not do it j

Default Early 57er General Assault Badge

Gents, one of several 57er awards I have picked up over the last couple of weeks, this is a nice early General Assault Badge by St u L, more stunning in the flesh, the photo does not do it justice ! Frosted with burnished highlights, and in very good condition....enjoy. These early pieces are the ones most collectors desire...advising would be "newbie" collectors of 57er's against the later production pieces, I personally like all the 57 awards, early,mid or late production, there is a place in every collection for all varients, good or bad, (so long as they are original pieces, as fakes are now appearing !) and I personally will never call them "crap" as on other forums. Prost ! Steve.

N.B. the GAB in 57 form was also available as a rivited two piece award, marked with a small plaque at the base with either 25,50,75 and even a 200 (causing much much dabate) for multiple assaults.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early 57er General Assault Badge   Early 57er General Assault Badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early 57er General Assault Badge
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Early 57er General Assault Badge

Very nice Steve I personaly like to see awards and or medals with a bit of wear and patina if it could only talk It would be intresting to know it's history.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Very nice Steve I personaly like to see awards and or medals with a bit of wear and patina Regards Mark K
    Mark, I agree..but its nice to get a "minty" one occasionally.You should like this one then.... 57er Silver Luftwaffe transport clasp
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Very nice Luftwaffe transport spange Steve it is amazing how much of the frosted finish has come off .

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Very nice Luftwaffe transport spange Steve it is amazing how much of the frosted finish has come off .Regards Mark K
    Mark, that is one of the complaints about late production pieces ! this one is caused either by poor finish/use or misuse !
    Prost ! Steve.