Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Early 57er LW Seekampfabzeichen...........................

Article about: Gents, the post man bought this to my door this morning all the way from Denmark ! A very early St u L LW "Seekampfabziechen" (sea battle badge)....not many of these about, I read

Default Early 57er LW Seekampfabzeichen...........................

Gents, the post man bought this to my door this morning all the way from Denmark ! A very early St u L LW "Seekampfabziechen" (sea battle badge)....not many of these about, I read somewhere that only two have been observed in private collections, that's two more than the wartime versions ! notice the partially stamped "O" mark at the bottom......indicating St u L manufacture.
    Originally awarded to LW supply, air/sea rescue launches, although officially authorised, there is no proof the award (WW2 version) was made except for a couple of prototypes......although documented awards are known on paper, perhaps why a 1957 version was made.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI6479.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	209.0 KB 
ID:	593282   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI6478.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	593283  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI6485.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	593284   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI6483.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	593285  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI6487.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	593286  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Lovely piece Steve, you have great taste!

great pics Steve.

?

Steve.. an excellent looking badge...& some rather good photos too..Thanks for posting another for the collection.. Cheers Terry.

Default Life on the ocean wave.....................

compare with the Nazi period version which apparently never existed. doesn't really matter though , only cost a packet of Turf.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Luftwaffe Sea Battle badge rear.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	593762   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Luftwaffe Sea Battle badge front.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	593761  

Thanks Geoff ! thats a great badge with possibilities ! Thanks for showing !
    However new evidence re these badges has just come to light....see here Early 57er Luftwaffe Seekampfabzeichen........................... - Page 2 - German 1957 Awards & Decorations - Historical War Militaria Forum let me have your thoughts on this one way or another...............
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

I know nothing........................
    Attached Images Attached Images