MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Early Bundeswehr combat trousers ?

Article about: Goodmorning gentle men came across these combat trouser a while back and was unshur what they were I ran them in a post and found out they were bundeswehr but that up to date is all I know a

?

Default Early Bundeswehr combat trousers ?

Goodmorning gentle men came across these combat trouser a while back and was unshur what they were I ran them in a post and found out they were bundeswehr but that up to date is all I know about them if you would be so kind as to help me out with a tme frame that they were used in and if they were regular issue or not that would be muchly apprecated and any other info that you would be willing to share on these heavy trousers.

Regards Mark k
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Bundeswehr combat trousers ?   Early Bundeswehr combat trousers ?  

Early Bundeswehr combat trousers ?   Early Bundeswehr combat trousers ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Bundeswehr combat trousers ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early Bundeswehr combat trousers ?

Try "bundeswehr hose" at google, you 'll get a lot!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

made in july 1970 these are bundeswehr moleskin trousers as issued to troops up until 1990 when flecktarn replace it fully

tom

Mark, these are very early combat trousers from the "Filzlaus" uniform, heavy woolen trousers that superceded the 55-59 worn wehrmacht style "splintertarn" cammo uniform, came out in 1959, yours are dated 7-60, July 1960, the Filzlaus uniform was issued between 1959 and early 1970's when the more popular "moleskin uniform" took over. The moleskin uniform came out at the same time as the Filzlaus in 1959, but was used early on as a work uniform, however the Filzlaus was so unpopular with troops (heavy when wet, itchy/uncomfortable when dry !) that the moleskin uniform was slowly taking over and being worn instead throughout the 60's. Here is the tunic for the trousers......the second soldat (1963 captioned) is wearing the full uniform.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Bundeswehr combat trousers ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Early Bundeswehr combat trousers ? 

?

Many Thanks gentlemen Oradour are the tunics hard to come by from that era as I would love to build a complete uniform for display including headgear I will post what I have for Bundeswher insignia tonight or tommorrow to see if it would be appropriate for this era of a uniform.

Regards Mark K

Mark...The tunics are available on E-Bay Germany, from between £10-£30 ($15-$40)......the only insignia worn on this uniform were rank badges, cloth arm chevrons for junior NCO's and metal insignia (either flat gold pre 1963 or raised silver, post 1963) for Senior NCO's, oh, and of course the national flag emblem on each shoulder.......from its inception in 1955 upto the early 1980's Bundeswehr tunics, service and combat were pretty dull affairs, politicians not wanting to "revive" memories of the glitzy 1933-45 past ! However things did get better after the BW reforms of 1981, see Tom's parade/service tunic thread......here are rank badges from the early 1960's...and the difference between flat (pre 63) and raised rank badges (post 63).
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Bundeswehr combat trousers ?   Early Bundeswehr combat trousers ?  

Early Bundeswehr combat trousers ?  

Mark...for your information, front and rear shots of a fully kitted out Panzergrenadier from the mid 60's.....he is wearing the "Filzlaus" tunic, M62 helmet and carries a G3 assault rifle.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thank you sir you have done all my research for me this will make finding and purchasing the tunic and related equipment much easier are there still an abundance of webbing, packs,and M62 helmets floating around .

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    are there still an abundance of webbing, packs,and M62 helmets floating around Regards Mark K
    Mark....plenty ! you should have no problem finding it.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks Steve I will have a look on the German Ebay.

Regards Mark K