Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Early Bundeswehr feldbluse/Trousers

Article about: I just purchased these two little gems this morning I have been looking for an early wool winter weight feldbluse to go wth my combat pants and came across these last night . I do own a pair

?

Default Early Bundeswehr feldbluse/Trousers

I just purchased these two little gems this morning I have been looking for an early wool winter weight feldbluse to go wth my combat pants and came across these last night . I do own a pair of these heavy weight trousers allready but the seller would not separate the two so I had to by them as a set . Thought I would add some photos of the Burgmutze I purchased a few weeks ago as well

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Bundeswehr feldbluse/Trousers   Early Bundeswehr feldbluse/Trousers  

Early Bundeswehr feldbluse/Trousers   Early Bundeswehr feldbluse/Trousers  

Early Bundeswehr feldbluse/Trousers  
    Last edited by Mark K; 10-26-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Add information/photo's

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Bundeswehr feldbluse/Trousers
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early Bundeswehr feldbluse/Trousers

mark you've done good here mate looks brilliant are you going to get the webbing for it as well or leave it as it is

tom

?

Thanks Tom and yes that will be my next order of business trying to locate the right period webbing ,footwear,helmet and appropriate soft headgear. so that I may display it on a mannequine.

Regards Mark K

Well done Mark ...the dreaded "Filzlouse" uniform, early dated as well...these uniforms were universally hated by BW troops and soon became relegated to winter wear...lasted till the mid 70's though ! until the moleskin uniform took over completly. Good you have it complete...I dont have matching trousers just the jacket. Love the M43 style cap !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks Tom I will have to register on German Ebay tonight .Would the Filzlouse uniform headwear consist of a sidecap and or a burgemutze .

Regards Mark K

both i think ive seen pictures of both in use but check with steve

tom

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Would the Filzlouse uniform headwear consist of a sidecap and or a burgemutze .Regards Mark K
    Gents, only the sidecap was made in filzlouse material, the M43 style cap was in moleskin material at this time (and continued thro to the early 90's, the moleskin uniform was at this time a work uniform). Woolen material dark grey M43 had ceased to be issued and anyway were only worn with the affenjacke type tunics in the mid-late 1950's. The GJ Ski-cap is a different kettle of fish altogether, as it was only, and still is, worn only by Mountain troops, and was the only M43 style cap to be made of light grey uniform type material. So to recap, the filzlaus uniform could be worn with either the steel helmet (M60 or M62) or sidecap. Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 10-26-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Mark...heres the Filzlous sidecap...and a shot of how rank insignia was sometimes unofficially applied to the shoulderstraps....officially they were slide on's for senior NCO's or arm chevrons for junior NCO's. (note these are pre-63 "flat" alt gold insignia) Prost ! Steve.

N.B. the cap is the same colour as the tunic, the flash has made it look more brown !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Bundeswehr feldbluse/Trousers   Early Bundeswehr feldbluse/Trousers  

?

Very nice thanks for showing Steve as well as the information on rank and insignia placement on a different note would Bundeswehr 1957 awards still be acceptable for wear on this Tunic I beleive it would be if my memory serves me correct you and Tom just disscussed this a short time ago and you had scaled it out to years of service.

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast