Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

EK II for discussion

Article about: Is it possible the core might have been made by Klein & Quenzer? I'm trying to understand how a S&L core can be so similar in date style to a K&Q? Why would S&L make a core w

?

Default Re: EK II for discussion

Is it possible the core might have been made by Klein & Quenzer?

I'm trying to understand how a S&L core can be so similar in date style to a K&Q?

Why would S&L make a core with the style of numerals so consistent for years and then make one that is completely different but looks very much like another manufacturer?

I'm aware the seller is a very knowledgeable collector of 1957 awards but has the above been discussed anywhere or and questions asked?

Here are a selection of Klein & Quenzer cores found on 1939 EKs, look at the number '3's and judge for yourselves..........?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K&Q cores.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	401417  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Adrian, It is my belief that Ralph's cross is a St u L made example...with the first St u L core made between 1958-1960, there was a later core varient in the early 1960's...other than 57'er RK's, there are known examples with Klein & Quenzer frames, but it is unknown if they made them..K & Q were certainly around, they closed down in 1985, but there are no known attributed EK II's from K & Q.....I show the early St u L "1939" core in the first photograph, notice the flat top on the bottom dot/blob of the "9" of 39, it is the same as Ralph's, but it is not a feature of any K & Q (wartime or other) cores that you show in the montage..... I also show the varient in the second photograph.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	St u L 1939, 58-60.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	404523   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	St u L 1939 2nd varient.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	404524  

"The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Thanks for taking the time to post that information Steve.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12