Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

eppaulets

Article about: Tom, good question....the next rank is still a junior NCO, "Untroffizier" but from this rank on, all further shoulder boards were bordered by "Alt Gold" tresse (Lace) and

Default eppaulets

hi

can someone give me any ideas as to how i can remove one set of eppaulets and then put some news ones on

thanks
    tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement eppaulets
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: eppaulets

Good morning Tom what kind of uniform are we discussing and are they sewn into the seam at the shoulder of the uniform .

Regards Mark K

bundeswehr parade uniform and yes it appears they are sewn in
    tom

?

I had a canadian battle dress that someone had cut off the eppaulets probably for the insignia and the pips I had found another battledress that was damadged and brought it to a seamstress that specalized in alterations she charged me $ 25.00 CDN and did one hell of a job I could not even tell that she had repaired them when she was done.

Regards Mark K

unfortunatly mines got the eppaulets i just wanna swap them

tom

?

I still think the only option that is open to you Tom is to have a seamstress or a conservator remove them from the one and swap them around and resew them back into postion. I personaly dont know of any other way to do it I do hope you can figure out away to get it done with out a lot of cost.

Regards Mark K

Tom, I take it that these shoulder boards are on a Grey tunic ? if so, they may appear to be sewn in, but are actualy sewn onto a tab which itself is sewn into the seam, removal and reattachment of these boards are best left to a profesional tailor, this is job not suited to DIY !..here are sme photographs showing method of attachment on BW tunics.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture eppaulets   eppaulets  

eppaulets  
    Last edited by oradour; 09-08-2011 at 04:40 PM.

yep steve you got it dead on if i can't remove them where can i get the "pips" as shown in yours for the various ranks

tom

Tom, like you say there is no need to remove the boards if you wish to add rank insignia, with EM's boards you can go from "Gefrieter" to "Oberstabsgefrieter" (7 ranks !)...see rank charts in BW sub forum. These metal "Chip" insignia simply attach with prongs.....best place to buy, E-Bay Germany of course, type in this sellers name... anaconda62009
    sends to U.K. fast and good prices !
    Prost ! Steve.

thank you steve what would happen in the bundeswehr if the soldier got higher than Oberstabsgefrieter would they give him a new uniform or sew on a new board

tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast