Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Feuerwehr tunic?

Article about: I recently purchased this tunic for a really cheap price. It's a bit dirty and I've yet to clean it up. I think it is a post war feuerwehr tunic, but is it east or west German? And when was

Default Feuerwehr tunic?

I recently purchased this tunic for a really cheap price. It's a bit dirty and I've yet to clean it up. I think it is a post war feuerwehr tunic, but is it east or west German? And when was this particular model worn?
    Feuerwehr tunic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feuerwehr tunic?
    P
    Many

I would think it is West German or Austrian, East German tunics are very distinguishable.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I would think it is West German or Austrian, East German tunics are very distinguishable.
    I'm not so sure, the early DDR tunics often had a similar cut as this tunic. The lack of folded sleeves and the collar style kinda point to West Germany though. I would like to hear what experienced collectors think.
    Last edited by Blitzvogel; 08-24-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Here's more images:
    Feuerwehr tunic?Feuerwehr tunic?Feuerwehr tunic?Feuerwehr tunic?Feuerwehr tunic?Feuerwehr tunic?Feuerwehr tunic?Feuerwehr tunic?

?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I don't know wether it is East or West German (although I tend to West Germany - these aren' East German buttons), but it certainly isn't Austrian. The square shoulder straps are a bit confusing, though.

Its twin is on ebay.de at present: 1 x alte Feuerwehr Uniform # | eBay

I'm also wondering what the ''F. Dufner'' means. Is it the name of the original owner or something else? The lowest front button is different from the rest, but it appears just as old and decayed.

The sleeves appear very wide for the tunic's chest size. Perhaps this is a custom tailored one and not made in a factory?

?

When I saw the Dufner patch first I thought it was the tailor that made the tunic but then, taking a closer look, I now think it is the former owner's name (the tailor would have added his address/phone number).

Looks like BRD Feuerwehr to me, though I don't know a lot about these uniforms. The indicators to me are the pointed epaulets, the black wool, four silver buttons (they should be solid backed), and the striped sleeve liners. Still, it's just a guess

Steve