Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German Fallshirmjager Beret

Article about: In 1976 I was part of a British airborne unit that completed a basic (Bronze wings) parachute course while attached to 272 Fallshirmjager Battalion. This beret and a Gravity knife were excha

Default German Fallshirmjager Beret

German Fallshirmjager Beret

In 1976 I was part of a British airborne unit that completed a basic (Bronze wings) parachute course while attached to 272 Fallshirmjager Battalion. This beret and a Gravity knife were exchanged for a british army Pullover.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Fallshirmjager Beret
    P
    Many

?

Nice one mate!

Good deal!....

A rather nice and in great condition, looks unworn to me, Bundeswehr Army Paratroopers (Fallschirmjager) red beret, dated November 1975, only Jagers, Panzer and Fallschirmjagers wore berets at this time, the rest of the BW adopting the beret as primary soft headgear from 1979 on....Berets were introduced in the late 1960's for those three arms of service only, the first pattern metal badges of these services was devoid of the West German flag motif which was added to all badges after 1979. see below for examples of such badges.
    Prost !Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Fallshirmjager Beret   German Fallshirmjager Beret  

I agree, I don't think this beret was ever used. Thank you also Steve for the additional information you provided.
    Regards, Barry