Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Gravity Knife

Article about: Hi packin, Was that for the same model knife i have shown, If so it,s a bit steep in price i think. it would be nice if it was worth that much as Ade said before it might be worth £150, but

Default German Gravity Knife

Hi, i had been given this German gravity knife in 1979 by sgt Herman Bose,
    Jager Regt, I know it is a 1956 issue paratrooper knife, but i would like to know if anyone knows the value of it. It is made by Solingen Sosfrei.
    The logo is a man in armour with A.W.J.r above it, it also has the Bundeswehr eagle on the hilt, if anyone can help i would be obliged.
    Dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Gravity Knife
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Gravity Knife

Hi Dave, strictly speaking these have no re-sale value in the UK. Gravity knives are not legal to sell in the UK. But they are OK to own in you own home.

Having said that, a walk around a show and you might find one for about £150.

Cheers, Ade.

hi Ade,
    Thanks for that, I am not selling it i just wanted to know how much they go for in general, I was given this knife as a parting gift by the German army in 79 as i was attached to the unit. and i could,nt seem to find the value, It is just nice to know what i have in monetary terms.
    Thanks Dave.

Nice knife PZ. That's interesting also in that to drop the blade it has a lever that seems to go sideways instead of flipping it. I'm no expert or anything but I haven't seen that kind before. I got this last yr. It's resent issue. It doesn't have the sentimental value yours does. You have a nice addition to your collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Gravity Knife   German Gravity Knife  

Hi
    I thought i would show a picture Sgt herman Bose, 722 Jager Regt.
    German army, this pic was taken in the forest behind Belsen camp.
    Dave.

hi Packin,
    That is a good knife, i have seen those before, they are used by most armies in europe. To drop the blade on my old thing, all you have to do is press the button in and it comes out, iv had this for twenty years now but never really taken much notice of it, it was in my old kit for ages.
    Now it is in with my collection, i will have to do more digging to see what i can find.
    dave

I've got one fo sale, 99% perfect. locker plate on top is missing.

Quote by bommetje View Post
    I've got one fo sale, 99% perfect. locker plate on top is missing.
    how much for

I'll realy don,t know what I can ask for it.

I went to a gun show down in Atlanta a few weeks ago and a dealer there had two Vet bring backs. Superb shape! He paid $500 for them and was asking $600. Too rich for my blood.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast