Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

GM54 Bundeswehr and cannister!!!!!

Article about: Hi guys my latest buy off fleabay dont get much these days,anyway a couple of questions i need help with please,firstly this postwar cannister is modelled on the M38 but I never thought thes

Default GM54 Bundeswehr and cannister!!!!!

Hi guys my latest buy off fleabay dont get much these days,anyway a couple of questions i need help with please,firstly this postwar cannister is modelled on the M38 but I never thought these were produced postwar also what time frame if poss,also the bottom eye is not being used but should it?also the short webbed strap has a green metal clip was that to attach to something,now the mask itself many stamp marks so not sure which is the date,but the filter is huge,and has "CF"Danish perhaps and "ABL"which is Belgium or Dutch can never remember,anyway looks great on display and these dont hurt the pocket too,hope you enjoy...........Jake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GM54 Bundeswehr and cannister!!!!!   GM54 Bundeswehr and cannister!!!!!  

GM54 Bundeswehr and cannister!!!!!   GM54 Bundeswehr and cannister!!!!!  

GM54 Bundeswehr and cannister!!!!!   GM54 Bundeswehr and cannister!!!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GM54 Bundeswehr and cannister!!!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: GM54 Bundeswehr and cannister!!!!!

Jake.....first version Gasmask and tin (M54) used from 1955 to 1959, virtually the same as the wartime can (M38) and mask, except the 1956 version has a cloth cover, this cloth wrapping/cover was supposed to reduce noise level when being carried, The tin is slightly longer than its wartime brother, and was carried in exactly the same manner.....having both long strap that across the chest and a small bottom strap that affixed to the waist belt (as wartime wear) , it seems you have both straps, the smaller appears to be wrapped around the long one ! take it off, and attach to the bottom eye on the can. As for the mask it is the correct type carried again a virtual copy of the wartime mask....the filter does not look like the filter normally seen on these masks, Danish ? The markings I am unsure of. See mine here...in post #8 of this thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bunde...nadier-231402/
    Prost ! Steve.

Does this gas mask canister have a rubber gasket in the lid? NH

Thanks Steve and yes Neil the filter does have a rubber bung on the bottom,so this means its a.........jake.edit-steve are these 56 cannisters quite rare?

Jake, I was referring to the lid of the canister. Does it have a rubber gasket? NH

Sorry Neil yes rubber sealing ring with steel wire running through it,is this bad news?

Jake, Not at all! Good news - this is how they were made. I have two spares if you want them - free. NH

Very kind good sir.Very interesting and useful thread Steve...........Jake

Jake, Message me off line if you need those gaskets. Nice BW field equipment and in excellent condition. NH