Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe Tunic

Article about: I recently acquired, what appears to be a Bundeswehr Luftwaffe Oberleutnant tunic (and Trousers) at a WW2 Vets Estate auction. I was hoping to get some help and comments on this uniform. Als

?

Default Help on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe Tunic

I recently acquired, what appears to be a Bundeswehr Luftwaffe Oberleutnant tunic (and Trousers) at a WW2 Vets Estate auction. I was hoping to get some help and comments on this uniform. Also some help translating, what appears to be "a sizing or unit stamp and date in the inside left front pocket. It seems the stamp reads : R R B 0-557 48/172/176.
    If I were to guess, the #48 would be 1948? There are silver wired winged cuff title on both sleeves. With the yellow collar tabs and shoulder board, and winged cuff title, would this indicate that this uniform belonged to a pilot?
    Any help, comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Help on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe TunicHelp on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe Tunic
    P
    Many

Help on Bundeswehr Luftwaffe Tunic48 is the size. The uniform is more or less in the form after 1957, and as worn until 1970s or so. It still has French cuffs, which were then dropped in the 1970s.
    The sole branch colors in the Lw of the Bw are the Goldgelb you see and the general staff carmine red.
    The Lw came into existence in 1955-56. The cuff titles with the wings were worn by most personnel, save for those after 1961 with those squadrons to whom
    Gen Kammhuber gave honor cuff titles, i.e. Moelders.

The Biese on the pants was given up at some point in the 1970s, too. The textile is a mixture of synthetic and wool typical of textiles from the 1960s onwards.

A pilot is designated in the Bw via the more or less normal manner as in NATO, especially in the USAF which was where most pilots were trained ca 1965.

Not much to add to what FB said, except that the rank is not Oberleutnant [1st Lieutenant], but Oberstleutnant [Lieutenant Colonel].

Also, do note that there was no Luftwaffe in 1948.

A nice, early uniform.

?

Thanks for the information and your thoughts.. Can you take a guess on the meaning of the "R R B" stamp in the pocket?

is it named.?

?

No names on it.

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    Thanks for the information and your thoughts.. Can you take a guess on the meaning of the "R R B" stamp in the pocket?
    that is not "R R B" but it reads: K K B, which stands for Kleiderkasse der Bundeswehr. The internal supplier of uniforms where it was (and still is) possible for all officers and ncos to buy an extra uniform ...

"48" is the size of the jacket and "172/176" is the height in centimetres of people this jacket would fit and "0-557" is the production lot.

Unfortunately other than on the white labels of the external textile companies that supplied uniforms and equipment for the armed forces the stampings of the KKB never show a manufacturing date

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast