Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Info about 1957 Iron Cross and War Merit Cross.

Article about: I am new to the study of 1957 Knights Cross of the Iron Cross and the War Merit Cross. Is there a book I can use as a reference? R/ Tom

Default Info about 1957 Iron Cross and War Merit Cross.

I am new to the study of 1957 Knights Cross of the Iron Cross and the War Merit Cross. Is there a book I can use as a reference? R/ Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info about 1957 Iron Cross and War Merit Cross.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Info about 1957 Iron Cross and War Merit Cross.

'The Iron Cross of 1939' and 'The War Merit Cross' both by Gordon Williamson both have sections within them devoted to the 1957 versions. I'm not aware of a specific work dedicated to them although others may know differently.

There are plenty of thread here on the forum for you to begin your study!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian is correct, there are no dedicated 57er books as yet, some books like the two mentioned by Adrian mention them in passing, but even these do not give any credible information, like makers, mm marks, the difference between early and late pieces. My best advice is to sit down and trawl through this site, on the Bundeswehr sub section and look for threads/posts on the 1957 awards....to start you off..... the early 1957 EK's (Iron Cross) are the most desirable, especially very early examples that have left over wartime parts (mm suspension rings,pins,hinges,back plates etc) two main makers for these are St u L and Deumer, there were others....as the years rolled on the quality dropped, as did the number of makers....leaving just St u L by the 1970's, they even dropped the magnetic core around this time, the soldering was not good and frosting non existent ! However IMO these crosses are still to be collected..There is a huge variety of 1957 EK's (& awards) to be collected...
    Happy hunting.....if you come across any on E-Bay and you are unsure, please post for opinions.........for a little encouragement here's some of mine...
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info about 1957 Iron Cross and War Merit Cross.  

?

An impressive collection there Steve...Makes me want to find more!!!! Cheers Terry.

?

My only 57er is this early 60's St&L EKI

?

Hagen that looks like a very nice EK you have there....very crisp in detail..just make sure it doesn't drop off the balcony!!! lol.. Cheers Terry.

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    just make sure it doesn't drop off the balcony!!! lol.. Cheers Terry.
    I must admit to having problems on windy days, mainly with ribbon bars! But it's the only place in my apartment I can get good natural light pictures taken. That is when the sun is out. Which hasn't been very often lately.

?

Some sort netting to catch your falling EKs would be advisable!!! lol..I'm ok I work in the Middle East so loads on sunshine but no EKs!!.. But I do like the look of thatt 1 it stands out nicely.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Hagen View Post
    My only 57er is this early 60's St&L EKI

Great looking award!.....

?

I second that sir... I do like the look of this award...I'm no expert but I think I might need to buy an EK1 57 award. Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast