Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Johanniterorden Ehrenritterkreuz ( The Order of St. John, Honorary Knight's Cross).............

Article about: Gentlemen, a "Johanniterorden Ehrenritterkreuz" ( The Order of St. John, Honorary Knight's Cross). See here for more information.... http://ordensmuseum.de/orden-ehrenze...hanniter

Default Johanniterorden Ehrenritterkreuz ( The Order of St. John, Honorary Knight's Cross).............

Gentlemen, a "Johanniterorden Ehrenritterkreuz" ( The Order of St. John, Honorary Knight's Cross).
    See here for more information.... Der Johanniterorden | Ordensmuseum.de
    I have been after one of these awards for some time, rare to see and even rarer to see one for sale, but the opportunity arose whilst on a recent holiday to Spain, whilst partaking in a little liquid refreshment at one of the local bodaga's with WIFI I bid on this example, which I won for an excellent price ! It took its time to arrive finally landing on my doorstep this morning after three weeks of waiting, not so much the vendors fault as my Paypal app on my i-phone refused to work until I was back in the U.K. !
    Any way here it is, a late produced piece from St u L with smaller centre than earlier versions, probably from the 1980's but still an outstanding neck award, nice pillow effect white enamel hand painted and gilded eagles, still awarded as far as I know....seen on countless TR high ranking officers alongside their RK's as well as the odd Bundeswehr officers neck.......the neck ribbon is a replacement, and as the order is still current a correct one sourced by me after the auction win elsewhere in Germany and is the correct black silk "moire" type.
    As I have said, these are hard to come by, as after the death of a recipient the cross has to be returned. For recipients it is possible to buy a second piece at a retailer like S&L. It is forbidden for S&L to sell these to any other persons, only the recipients, andthey have to submit the award document, to prove being awarded before the retailer can sell them one.
    See here for information on organistion of "The Order of St John"........ Johanniterorden
    Enjoy.....................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Johanniterorden Ehrenritterkreuz ( The Order of St. John, Honorary Knight's Cross).............   Johanniterorden Ehrenritterkreuz ( The Order of St. John, Honorary Knight's Cross).............  

Johanniterorden Ehrenritterkreuz ( The Order of St. John, Honorary Knight's Cross).............   Johanniterorden Ehrenritterkreuz ( The Order of St. John, Honorary Knight's Cross).............  

Johanniterorden Ehrenritterkreuz ( The Order of St. John, Honorary Knight's Cross).............   Johanniterorden Ehrenritterkreuz ( The Order of St. John, Honorary Knight's Cross).............  

Johanniterorden Ehrenritterkreuz ( The Order of St. John, Honorary Knight's Cross).............  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Johanniterorden Ehrenritterkreuz ( The Order of St. John, Honorary Knight's Cross).............
    P
    Many

Some images of the cross compared to a St u L PLM..............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Johanniterorden Ehrenritterkreuz ( The Order of St. John, Honorary Knight's Cross).............   Johanniterorden Ehrenritterkreuz ( The Order of St. John, Honorary Knight's Cross).............  

Some images showing the wearing of this order, a TR (wearing the Johanniterorden Kreuz der Ehrenmitglieder) and a Bundeswehr officer.............
    Prost ! Steve.

Last edited by oradour; 10-13-2014 at 03:58 PM.

nice cross.Steve.

What a beautiful cross Steve!
    Congratulations on adding this to your collection!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)