Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Knights cross

Article about: by Lammy66 Hi Glenn, Thanks for heads up on the cost.. I've done my research & know an original is way out if my league, that's why I'm looking at 57s however with varying prices, feedba

Default Knights cross

Hi, I'm both new to collecting & new to this forum, but it was recommended by a good friend.. I am wanting to purchase a knights cross have looked at plenty but am unsure how to see an original from a copy. Is there a person or site that somebody could recommend
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Knights cross
    P
    Many

you are on it,the best site.

Cheers.. Ok that's the site nailed... Who's the authority on the knights cross

Welcome to the Forum...If you are a beginning collector, I highly recommend some serious study of the subject you intend to collect before investing several thousand dollars on an original Ritterkreuz...
    cheers, Glenn

Post photos!..

What Ritterkreuz do you want a KVK one or an ek one?

Hi Glenn,
    Thanks for heads up on the cost.. I've done my research & know an original is way out if my league, that's why I'm looking at 57s however with varying prices, feedback etc. I'm looking for advice of what to look for & what not to buy

That's why I'm here.. To learn & find out.. I've got medals from of eras, countries & types, but this is the one I need advice on

Quote by Lammy66 View Post
    Cheers.. Ok that's the site nailed... Who's the authority on the knights cross
    A Mr. Dietrich Maerz is considered by many to be the authority on the Ritterkreuz and from what I've been told has even published a tome which goes into great detail on the subject. I don't know however if he specializes in 57's as well but maybe another member would.
    As for his whereabouts, he's a moderator over at the other forum, WAF, and I'm sure you can contact him via PM (private-message).
    Good luck sir, the Ritterkreuz is quite the award to start your collection off with.

Quote by Lammy66 View Post
    Hi Glenn,
    Thanks for heads up on the cost.. I've done my research & know an original is way out if my league, that's why I'm looking at 57s however with varying prices, feedback etc. I'm looking for advice of what to look for & what not to buy
    Hi Lammy,

Forum moderator 'Oradour' aka Steve, is THE man here for 57 RK's, and he just happens to have a cracking cased example with oaks and swords at a very fair price for sale in the classifieds here right now.

I hasten to add that I am not on commission....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast