Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Kurland" 57er ribbon bar........

Article about: Ladies and Gentlemen.....a small "salty" 57er ribbon bar for my collection....featuring Infantry Assault badge and Kurland cuff title. IMO would assume the recipient was probably a

Default "Kurland" 57er ribbon bar........

Ladies and Gentlemen.....a small "salty" 57er ribbon bar for my collection....featuring Infantry Assault badge and Kurland cuff title. IMO would assume the recipient was probably a young conscript with service towards the end of the war, probably part of the reinforcements sent to Kurland close to end of the war, as his haul of awards is small.
    Wartime cuff title campaign awards were not allowed to be worn on Bundeswehr tunics....they were however redesigned as a ribbon bar device..Afrika, Kurland, Metz and Kurland...no Spanien, deemed as a political award, therefore banned ! and of course no Regimental titles.......for information on the Kurland campaign see here...
    Courland Pocket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Kurland" 57er ribbon bar........   "Kurland" 57er ribbon bar........  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Kurland" 57er ribbon bar........
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: "Kurland" 57er ribbon bar........

Great little bar. Would love this in my collection!