Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kurland "Courland" Norway Campaign Cuff Title

Article about: Hi all, This item came up for auction recently in my area and I was successful in getting it. I am an opportunist collector of WWII Axis military items that occasionally appear for sale or a

?

Smile Kurland "Courland" Norway Campaign Cuff Title

Hi all,

This item came up for auction recently in my area and I was successful in getting it. I am an opportunist collector of WWII Axis military items that occasionally appear for sale or auction.

This WWII German Kurland "Courland" Norway campaign cuff title is an offset white color with black graphics design and border edges. The "WKZ" stamp on the rear is a purplish color. The cuff title is approximately 17 1/4 inches (44 cm) long and 1 1/4 inches (4 cm) wide.

I thought some would be interested to see a few pictures of it.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kurland "Courland" Norway Campaign Cuff Title   Kurland "Courland" Norway Campaign Cuff Title  

Kurland "Courland" Norway Campaign Cuff Title   Kurland "Courland" Norway Campaign Cuff Title  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kurland "Courland" Norway Campaign Cuff Title
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kurland "Courland" Norway Campaign Cuff Title

Hi John, I don't understand your reference to Norway???

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I was thinking the same thing Ade ( maybe some of the Germans escaped across the Baltic and made these up in Norway??? ) LOL
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Its not a 57er award, its a reproduction IMO . I have heard of the explanation that they (Kreta/Afrika/Kurland) were made for veterans associations, I just think they were sourced from a militaria dealer......to be made available at veterans meetings for purchase to replace lost awards....but they still are reproductions. I do know that some collectors will use them as back drops to displays....and some unscrupulous dealers advertise them as 1957 awards !
    The only "official" use of any WW2 award cuff title in the Bundeswehr was as a ribbon bar device and worn as such...see here for the "Kreta" title....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kurland "Courland" Norway Campaign Cuff Title  

?

Smile Re: Kurland "Courland" Norway Campaign Cuff Title

Hi Ade,

My error. I had been reading about a Kurland, Norway and instead should have entered Courland, Latvia.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I would agree with Steve, this one is a reproduction.

Originals were machine woven and often hand finished. They were not issued full length like a conventional cuff title, but made just long enough to fit around the front of the tunic cuff only.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!