Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Late 1980's Panzergrenadier display.

Article about: Gents..I had been meaning to make up a display of "combat equipment" for some time, greatly influenced by the "Concord publications" book "Modern German Panzergrenad

Default Late 1980's Panzergrenadier display.

Gents..I had been meaning to make up a display of "combat equipment" for some time, greatly influenced by the "Concord publications" book "Modern German Panzergrenadiers" by Micheal Jerchal, which shows a series of photographs taken on exercise around 1989/1990. So I began the hunt for combat stuff ! first a belt, the webbing type worn from around the early 1960's to the early 1990's, then a pair of G3 pouches, 1980's plastic type (earlier versions were made from a rubberised fabric) 1981 dated, a pair of 1980's "Y" straps (very much simplified from the earlier type) and a M65Z gas mask and bag, and along the way a flare gun & ammo holster, dated 1978, made from the rubberised fabric. The only thing missing is the folding spade and cover...these are available, but post is to expensive, I will wait for one available in the U.K.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late 1980's Panzergrenadier display.   Late 1980's Panzergrenadier display.  

Late 1980's Panzergrenadier display.   Late 1980's Panzergrenadier display.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late 1980's Panzergrenadier display.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Late 1980's Panzergrenadier display.

Gents..I based the display around a "Flecktarn" flack vest, one of the first issued items in the "new" camo wear adopted around the that time (1989)....it would be some years later that the average German Landser would be fully equipped with this cammo clothing , as it seems it came in dribs and drabs ! worn under the flack jacket, would be a shirt jacket of either moleskin or flecktarn, I have not used one on this display, as the only ones I have are nicely badged and I would consider it a shame to hide most of them under the vest ! I have topped the display off with either a Panzergrenadier beret or an M1A1 Modifiziert Stahlhelm of 1981 with attached U.S. woodland cammo cover and U.S. goggles (items typically scrounged from U.S. soldiers) all held in place with a German helmet net .....any way here it is.......I need a Deac G3 now !
    It is my new year resolution to do a display of earlier 1960'S equipment based around the "Filzlouse" tunic....watch this space !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late 1980's Panzergrenadier display.   Late 1980's Panzergrenadier display.  

Last edited by oradour; 12-03-2011 at 04:49 PM.

thats outstanding it looks brilliant im lost for words
    ps i have a g3 for sale at the moment its dated 1969

Quote by talltom View Post
    thats outstanding it looks brilliant im lost for words
    ps i have a g3 for sale at the moment its dated 1969
    If you still have it in the new year I will be interested ! no more spending for this year !
    Prost ! Steve.