Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Late production 57er DKiG.....................

Article about: Gentleman, for evaluation, I have had for some time, not displayed, I forgot I had it found it languishing in a drawer ! It is a late model DKiG by St u L with open hinge and large "C&q

Default Late production 57er DKiG.....................

Gentleman, for evaluation, I have had for some time, not displayed, I forgot I had it found it languishing in a drawer !
    It is a late model DKiG by St u L with open hinge and large "C" catch, third style tapering pin, and the second style 3D wreath.....BUT with an enamelled red ring, not the usual red paint that commonly bleeds........so I believe a late 1960's piece made on the cusp of the change over to money saving manufacturing techniques by St u L !
    Prost !Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late production 57er DKiG.....................   Late production 57er DKiG.....................  

Late production 57er DKiG.....................   Late production 57er DKiG.....................  

Late production 57er DKiG.....................   Late production 57er DKiG.....................  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late production 57er DKiG.....................
    P
    Many

still a nice thing to have.

Gents...because of its unusual and not normal construction I had a good look at this Deutsche Kreuz in Gold against a known original mid production piece.....I made the following observations....Weights:- late @ 73 grams, Mid @ 78 grams, the rivets are larger than on the mid made piece, notice on the images certain small cut/nick flaws on rear of the back plate, they are on both in the same positions, the marks on the centre disc where the EK sits are, or appear to be, glue marks/smears, they are not indented into the metal, IMO they are not prise marks, i.e. if indeed a swastika was removed with a tool or sharp instrument.....
    As for wear on the wreath, it sat in a drawer for god knows how long for at least the last 14 years ! I can not remember which way up it was when I plucked from the bottom of said draw, if upside down resting on the wreath, this wear could well of been caused by contact wear to wood bottom surface of the draw liner/bottom.
    I suspect this piece was acquired in the early 1990's when I first began collecting 57ers, this small collection was lost due to personal circumstances..... at least I thought it was, this piece survived !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late production 57er DKiG.....................   Late production 57er DKiG.....................