Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection

Article about: Thanks Steve. I've got a marked Deumer kvk1 on the way. And I'm also following an early Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen to keep my minesweeper badge company. Regards

Quote by oradour View Post
    Sorry I am late for the party Nick, fantastic images and paperwork ! Indeed the banner would be an outstanding addition !!
    These photographs are an important part of the history of the Ritterkreuztrager.......you will never be taken them as the bearers pass into history..............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi Steve,
    Thanks mate! Did you send them the forms?

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection
    P
    Many

Quote by Nick Hessens View Post
    Hi Steve, Thanks mate! Did you send them the forms? Regards
    No not yet Nick..........I am on holiday in Spain next week for 2 weeks so when I get back i will look seriously into OdR membership................I will let you know how I get on.
    Are you going to join, to be honest I was under the impression you had to be nominated/recommended by two OdR RKT members ......
    Prost ! Steve.

No not yet Nick..........I am on holiday in Spain next week for 2 weeks so when I get back i will look seriously into OdR membership................I will let you know how I get on.
    Are you going to join, to be honest I was under the impression you had to be nominated/recommended by two OdR RKT members ......
    Prost ! Steve.
    I don't know yet. The OdR magazine is hit and miss. And I'm not sure if a 'Sonstige Foerdernde Mitglieder' can attend the yearly reunions or not? It is all so vague, if you know what I mean. I think I will send Paul or Tom a pm for more information.

It would be a cool idea if we both join and could meet each other at the next reunion? Taking the advanced age of the RKT in consideration, this could be a once in a lifetime experience.

Regards,
    Nick

We would be pretty down the list Nick...............as "Sonstige Foerdernde Mitglieder" (other supporting member).
    1 Ordenstraeger
    2 Ordentliche Mitglieder
    3 Foerdernde Mitglider
    4 Sonstige Foerdernde Mitglieder
    and only the first two get an OdR pin !
    However to support is better than nothing !
    Prost ! Steve.

Gents,
    Picked these up at the post office this morning. The complete 1959 year; monthly GdR (Gemeinschaft der Ritterkreuzträger) magazines. Lots of stories and messages inside, but no early GdR photos.....

Comments welcome!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection   My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection  

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection  

Nice set Nick !
    Some great RKT portraits on the front covers !
    Not that easy to find, and rising in price as we speak ! I have the 1958 set. Thanks for showing........
    Prost ! Steve.

Nice set Nick !
    Some great RKT portraits on the front covers !
    Not that easy to find, and rising in price as we speak ! I have the 1958 set. Thanks for showing........
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thanks Steve. I've been looking on the net for other issues of the GdR magazine since I got my 1958 set. Last week I was lucky.

Also found an early GdR membership book and 'mitteilungsblatt nr. 4' dated June 1956 at auction, but the starting price is even more than what I payed for the complete 1959 set alone. Don't know if I should go for it???

Regards

Acquired a second pattern "D"- frame with modified ribbon earlier this week. Price was very good compared to what others are going for these days.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection   My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection  

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection   My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection  

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection   My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection  

Great RK Nick ! I love these later crosses, and this one looks to have been worn by a vet !

Good evidence that these later RK's were indeed bought and worn by veterans !
    Prost ! Steve.

Great RK Nick ! I love these later crosses, and this one looks to have been worn by a vet !

Good evidence that these later RK's were indeed bought and worn by veterans !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thanks Steve! The price was simply too good and I already have an idea for this one in a display.

Taking a break from holiday, are you?

Best regards,
    Nick

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast