Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection

Article about: Thanks Steve. I've got a marked Deumer kvk1 on the way. And I'm also following an early Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen to keep my minesweeper badge company. Regards

Default My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection

I recently said I will be making a BW and 57er awards display. Therefore I decided to post every item that arrives in one thread. It won't go fast, but I hope everyone enjoys it!
    So I will start with the items I already got. First up are the 57er EKs!

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection

First is an early 57er Eisernes Kreuz 2. klasse made by Steinhauer und Lück. It's unmarked unfortunately.
    The cross is in nice worn condition with some small rust spots on the core......lot's of character as you can see.

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection

I've got another early and frosty S&L on the way.
    Last edited by Nick Hessens; 08-01-2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: New pics

Keep them coming Nick ! I shall have to get back into buying some, I have been a little stagnant the past few months ! what with dispensing with my WW1 collection...which is nearly all gone....although on the plus side, my BW collection has been greatly enhanced ! I shall be showing in the next few weeks....I also have my eye on a "B" frame RK at the moment...but we shall see.
    Prost ! Steve.

I found a similar one on WAF (1957 iron cross 2nd class? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums). It was identified as S&L, but just not one of the earliest ones. It could be from the mid 60's, maybe S&L changed dies along the way?

Anyway here it is; a nice EK with Austrian mount.

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection
    Last edited by Nick Hessens; 08-01-2012 at 06:39 PM.

?

Love the trifold Nick!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Another S&L piece. A nice EK1 with open hingblock and flat wire catch. It also has a magnetic core. As you can see not one of the earliest, but still good quality.

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection
    Last edited by Nick Hessens; 08-01-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks Steve and Adrian!

Next is an early and frosty EK1 by Wilhelm Deumer, Lüdenscheid. Unmarked unfortunately. It has the round wire catch, wide hingblock and a nice matt black core with some vaning.

I still need to find a Deumer EK2.

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection

A pic of S&L and Deumer EK1 hardware for comparison. There are a lot more variants of course. There is a very good thread about them on WAF, here is the link for interest: EK Variant Reference Thread - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection

The only eye-catcher in my 57er awards collection for now, this Deutsches Kreuz in Gold. It has a solid hingblock and all the S&L features.

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collectionMy Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection

This Bundesdienstflagge arrived today, I'm very happy with it. Some damage as you can see. Should I try and repair it or leave as is?
    It's made of coton and the following stamps can be seen: Bonner Fahnenfabrik 8345-12-129-5836 / Bundesdienstflagge 2/85

The seller said it is a Bundeswehr marine flag.

That's it for now. More to come of course! These items are on the way: Wiederholungsspange, Narvik shield, frosty EK2, ect
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection   My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection  

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection   My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection  

My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection   My Bundeswehr and 57er awards collection  

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast