Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my bundeswehr gefechtshelm m862

Article about: hi guys i would like to share my latest pickup allthough again not a steel helmet ,but anywho here she is very much in the style of the us pasgt but with a very unusual and complicated looki

Default my bundeswehr gefechtshelm m862

hi guys i would like to share my latest pickup allthough again not a steel helmet ,but anywho here she is very much in the style of the us pasgt but with a very unusual and complicated looking liner arrangement but very comfortable in size 58/60 so ideal for my big head my bundeswehr gefechtshelm m862my bundeswehr gefechtshelm m862my bundeswehr gefechtshelm m862my bundeswehr gefechtshelm m862

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my bundeswehr gefechtshelm m862
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: my bundeswehr gefechtshelm m862

That's the Rolls Royce of liners!!

?

nice one! newer saw the inside of those. thanks for sharing

P.S. I guess it's a high-time to ask Adrian to rename the forum into Word Combat Helmets(and gas-masks??? maybe)

Once again, great looking helmet. The liner looks really comfortable, a great example how well Germans design their equipment to work.

The Schuberth/Induyco 829 has been around for 20-odd years now, and is used - with some modifications in some cases - by a *lot* of other nations, European and elsewhere. Except, perhaps peculiarly, Spain, where the Marte rules. The NOSHA liner itself has been used in shells made by other companies - the shells always rather resemble the 826 too. Seems like the Volkswagen of helmets.

If you take a look here - composite helmets index - you'll see some detail pictures of differences of some (just a very few) of the other version of the 826 in service. Otherwise have a broswe around CompoSite generally - you may be amazed at what a high proportion of the helmets are either direct variants of the 826, produced by S/I. (Personally I am of the opinion that any resemblance to the PASGT is slight.)

Completists should note that the Schuberth- and Induyco-made helmets are *not* identical!

Greg Pickersgill

brilliant greg ive already had a look on this superb site and was surprised at how many nations used this style with albiet with slight differences to chin strap/liner arrangements and i agree when you say a slight resemblance to US design side by side the differences are huge, mainly on the width side profile and thanks for pointing out the difference between the Schuberth and Induyco manufactured composites in passing i thought they were one and the same cheers james

These are great helmets ! heres my only M826, an "Induyco Munchen" made one.....now to get an M828 to keep it company.....that's going to be expensive ! One of the main distinguishing points between the Induyco and Schuberth helmets are the liner pins/bolts, they are round on the Induyco, and rectangular (with chamfered ends) shape on the Schuberth.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my bundeswehr gefechtshelm m862   my bundeswehr gefechtshelm m862  

thanks for posting your example steve ive never heard of the m828 is that the current issue composite lid and do my eyes deceive me on the nato style goggles youve displayed it looks like the lens has popped out of the frame or is it a kind of sun shield very unusual thanks again james

James...the M828 is the Paratroopers kevlar helmet, issued to Airborne troops in the mid 1990'sto present, after the introduction of the M826..see below, different liner, and note no side "bulges"...they are rare and expensive ! The goggles are standard BW issue, with removable sun blind, see attached photo of BW "Girlie" wearing a pair
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my bundeswehr gefechtshelm m862  
    Attached Images Attached Images my bundeswehr gefechtshelm m862 

thanks for sharing the pics steve its design reminds me of the yugo model 89 and greg here's a comparison of the pasgt and m826 you are right they only have a slight resemblancemy bundeswehr gefechtshelm m862

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast