Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Bundeswher Badge Hoard

Article about: Gday All, I have collected these badges over the last 3 weeks...most are only about 10 bucks! I have more on the way, a coupla berets, a Wachtbattalion one and a Transport one...also include

?

Default My Bundeswher Badge Hoard

Gday All,

I have collected these badges over the last 3 weeks...most are only about 10 bucks! I have more on the way, a coupla berets, a Wachtbattalion one and a Transport one...also included is I believe a Austrain Badge, I jumped on it as it has a Steyr on it, my 2nd favourite rifle, after the SLR!!!

Also included is some sort of eacle badge, numbered, just because I liked it..

I also picked up 2 East German unit cloth wall hangers, little pennant type things...

Most are marked to Assmann and Sohne....the quality of the Assmann badges is a lot better than the other makers...I have two Fallschirmjager Assmann, and onje by another maker....you can really see the difference..

I also like the trade badges, especially the Navy diver doctor badges, and the driving instructors badge

will post more as i get them...stil trying to locate a Feldjager badge, I have two cloth ones on the way, but the beret badges are hard to find!

I have tried researching Assmann and Sohne...but cant find much. Are they still in existance??? Im fascinated by a company that has such a long tradition in military badge making in Germany....they seem to have had to retool depending on the regime!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Bundeswher Badge Hoard   My Bundeswher Badge Hoard  

My Bundeswher Badge Hoard   My Bundeswher Badge Hoard  

My Bundeswher Badge Hoard   My Bundeswher Badge Hoard  

My Bundeswher Badge Hoard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Bundeswher Badge Hoard
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Bundeswher Badge Hoard

Very nice. I like how you can see the similarities between these and the Third Reich badges. Definitely much cheaper!

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Very nice. I like how you can see the similarities between these and the Third Reich badges. Definitely much cheaper!
    Exactly what i was going to say! For a country that doesn't like to talk about its past, they sure model alot of things on it!

?

Thanks!!! I like these badges and they are very similar to TR....and easier to find, cheaper and not many fakes!!! I like the subtle differences in them...a couple have a separate metal strip for the flag, while others have a metal sticker type arrangement....
    I'm getting in early as who knows these may be quite collectible in the future!!!

?

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    Exactly what i was going to say! For a country that doesn't like to talk about its past, they sure model alot of things on it!
    I like to see that they have carried some of their traditions over!!

I can understand them wanting to forget about a lot of the past, but, military decorations are just that, decorations. They mght have been awarded to some individuals that did some nasty things, but the decoration didn't do those things. I never understood why they did away with the Iron Cross. It was (stll is) a beautiful decoration. That new gold cross thing they have now doesn't even compare. I don't understand. Oh well.

?

The trade badges are an interesting design....look like they would fit nicely on a star trek uniform

Quote by AMTG View Post
    I'm getting in early as who knows these may be quite collectible in the future!!!
    Yes now is the time, BW militaria is at turning point, cheap and plentiful....to a point, the earlier 1950's-60's stuff is now getting expensive ! and rarer to find ! In the U.S. and Germany BW items ar highly collectable...get them while they last....I take it you know what trade badges you have ?
    As far as I know F.W.Assman und Sohne closed down sometime in the 1980's/90's (exact time not known) "FW ASSMANN & SONS (formerly iron, sheet metal and fabricated metal products industry) were in the Hasleystraße in Ludenscheid, see this site for more photographs on the demolition of the Assman factory.. Abbruch ASSMANN & SÖHNE, Lüdenscheid - Bauforum24 - Bau & Baumaschinen - Das Bauforum They made badges, awards, buttons etc post war.....for both civilian and military markets.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Bundeswher Badge Hoard   My Bundeswher Badge Hoard  

Last edited by oradour; 04-26-2012 at 11:42 AM.

?

Thankyou for the info...as always plentiful and informative!!!
    I believe the trade badges are,

Driving instructor
    Diving doctor
    Field jäger
    Air defence

I just got today a FJ recon badge and tracked down a field jäger badge

Where would one go to find these badges? I don't have much interest in them, but I'm curious as to where you find yours.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast