Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

MY EK 1957 collection

Article about: Hello collector friends At Nick Hessens request, I am posting my 57ers. Absolutely first piece of my 57 collection (4 years ago) was this beautiful unmagnetic S&L from 70´s. It has even

?

Finally I focused on finding some nice oaks and OLS. First were these late OLS with different silver content. Oaks are die struck and marked ?00 (first numeral is under the loop), swords are cast and marked 925.

Attachment 785932Attachment 785931Attachment 785933

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MY EK 1957 collection
    P
    Many

?

And finally, these Oaks and OLS came together. Both marked 800 (with different type of mark) and S&L.

Oaks first

MY EK 1957 collectionMY EK 1957 collection

?

Now OLS. As you see, both have vein flaw and first leaf flaw, second one is not developed yet. That makes them early to mid pieces, if I am correct.

MY EK 1957 collectionMY EK 1957 collection

?

That´s all for today. Apart from these I just purchased case for my RK, which I didn´t photograph yet. If tomorrow will be as nice sunny day as today, I will do it.

Thank you for viewing
    Miro

All very nice Miro! Both my St&L EK spanges are unmarked, see here for a comparison.

Regards

?

My latest addition. Not very early, in fact very late, but still S&L made OL&S with diamonds. These were made at the beginning of 90´s, so they were surely meant not as a replacement pieces for wearer´s (of whom only two were alive at that time), but purely for collector´s market. Still very rare to see. They have typical flat platform on the back and 925 mark, seen on late S&L pieces, small dot on the bottom between the leaves and typical late cutout. They look precisely as described on WAF - same size as common OL&S, diamonds added after the finnish (and probably not by S&L itself).

MY EK 1957 collectionMY EK 1957 collectionMY EK 1957 collectionMY EK 1957 collection

Quote by Miro View Post
    Some say it is "C" frame, some say it is "D" frame with leftover first pattern core.
    My 57er RK is also a 1st pattern core. What is the difference between a 'C' & 'D' frame?

MY EK 1957 collection

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    My 57er RK is also a 1st pattern core. What is the difference between a 'C' & 'D' frame?
    Hi Glenn,

A "C"-frame was made with a fixed up "B"-frame die, it shows the same flaws. The only real difference is the öse dipping in the frame. A "D"-frame on the other hand was made with an entirely new die I think? No flaws except for the either smooth/worn look of the outer corners or a really distinct and deep cut on the outer corners. The öse is much more thick as well.....

Regards,
    Nick

I must have a C frame then as I have the dent row on the 3 o'clock arm.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I must have a C frame then as I have the dent row on the 3 o'clock arm.
    But does the öse dip? You need to take some better photos of that beauty my friend!

Regards

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast