Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Sedlatzek Ritterkreuz.......

Article about: Gentlemen, a very interesting Knights Cross has come my way.... the so called "Sedlatzek RK" a bit if grey area whether wartime or post war. The frames and reverse date are identic

Default My Sedlatzek Ritterkreuz.......

Gentlemen, a very interesting Knights Cross has come my way.... the so called "Sedlatzek RK" (they have been shown on this forum before) a bit if grey area whether wartime or post war. The frames and reverse date are identical to that of a post war "Souval" Knights Cross, with its "dipping ring", but the front core is different, having a higher swastika and chunkier "1939" script, the core on these crosses are magnetic, being plated before painting (an image shows the plating showing through on one arm). Dietrich Maerz shows such a cross in his superb book on the Ritterkreuz, bought/obtained shortly after the war in September 1945.....it would appear the majority of collectors aren't sure about their origin. see this excellent thread on WAF re/Sedlatzek Knights cross Sedlatzek Knights cross - Page 4 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    "Sedlatzek" (a Berlin based jeweller) was a supplier of awards, but did, as we have seen, mark awards/medals with his mark, having first obtained the awards from other manufacturers ! There is no evidence he made them.
    Some think this cross an early made RK rejected by the LDO for quality issues (note lack of frosting for example) but the soldering on this cross is exquisite, I can barely see a joints on the frames, some believe it to have some connection at this time with Souval (joint venture ?) others judge it be just a post May 1945 made RK and possibly the earliest of Souvals RK's before for some reason he changed cores........indeed highly contentious at the very least !
    Even if definitely proved at some stage in the future to be post war, I am more than happy to add this cross to my 1957/post war collection...........it cost me less than a post war "Souval" version.
    Last image shows the "Sedlatzek" next to "Souval" for comparison...........
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Sedlatzek Ritterkreuz.......   My Sedlatzek Ritterkreuz.......  

My Sedlatzek Ritterkreuz.......   My Sedlatzek Ritterkreuz.......  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Sedlatzek Ritterkreuz.......
    P
    Many

?

They are certainly a well made , attractive award Steve , i wonder if any evidence of their existance as pre May 1945 crosses will ever be found !

This one looks great, the quality is much better than a Souval example I must say. Congrats on the new addition Steve!

Regards

Quote by Nick Hessens View Post
    This one looks great, the quality is much better than a Souval example I must say. Congrats on the new addition Steve! Regards
    Hi Nick, thanks I have you to thank for the heads up on this one......... Thanks !
    Prost ! Steve.

I like it Steve.

Dear Steve, I'm new at the WRF, joined the forum a few weeks ago. Excellent cross, congratulations! I have one of these also, I will post it shortly.

Isn't the core painting a little bit slap happy for such an award Steve? it appears to slop up the sides of the ribs!!
    I have seen much better on wartime EK2's ....... & that alone would forever bug me.

Regards, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Sedlatzek Ritterkreuz.......  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Isn't the core painting a little bit slap happy for such an award Steve? it appears to slop up the sides of the ribs!!
    I have seen much better on wartime EK2's ....... & that alone would forever bug me.

Regards, Dan
    Hi Dan, are you suspicious regarding all Sedlatzek crosses? I like Steve's one and with his permission would like to share my own cross here. Hi Steve please let me know you want that I delete the photos. Many thanks in advance to both of you!

My Sedlatzek Ritterkreuz.......My Sedlatzek Ritterkreuz.......

I had honestly never heard of them before and was just commenting on Steves.

Thanks, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "