Become our sponsor and display your banner here

My seventh 57er RK !

Article about: Gents...just this minute won this cross of E-Bay, a late 57er Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwerter and Feldspange.......it is a cross I have been looking for, for some time, a "925&

Default My seventh 57er RK !

Gents...just this minute won this cross of E-Bay, a late 57er Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwerter and Feldspange.......it is a cross I have been looking for, for some time, a "925" silver content marked cross, long believed by some collectors as the English fake or English made under licence from St u L crosses..........more rumour than fact ! 925 is equivalent to Sterling Silver, the measure by which U.K. Silver is marked, therefore assumed by many to be a "British" only mark....Untrue, 925 Silver content is used worldwide, indeed used on a few Imperial German awards in the Kaisers days........
    These 925 marked crosses were until recently shrouded in mystery....however it has been disclosed that St u L made a batch of such marked RK's possibly in the 1990's, the debate on why and for how long rages on..............here is the example I have purchased, sellers photos I will photograph when in hand. This is the so called "D" framed RK from St u L with Oaks & Swords, also marked 925, some say the set was one of the last RK's to be made by St u L in the late 1990's...although quality is good in my eyes and I suggest an earlier date of mid to late 1980's.....some may disagree.
    Prost 1 Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My seventh 57er RK !   My seventh 57er RK !  

My seventh 57er RK !   My seventh 57er RK !  

My seventh 57er RK !  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My seventh 57er RK !
    P
    Many

?

What ever the politics Steve , it's a beautiful piece ! Congrats on your find
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

The sand or bead-blasted frame is indeed indicative of a very late manufacture.

that's superb Steve.

Some more images of the 925 RK's St u L made in the late 1990's through to around 2007......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My seventh 57er RK !   My seventh 57er RK !  

"The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Steve; A very superb piece. We are very lucky to have an expert on these crosses here on the forum. I always enjoy seeing what you come up with next. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. I have learned a lot from your posts. I will be looking forward to more of your posts in the future.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.