Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

my small but growing BW collection

Article about: jAMES, first made in 1959, but designated the M60, it is the second type/version, the first type having smaller solid liner fingers...see here.... Prost ! Steve.

Default Re: my small but growing BW collection

well on the advice of steve ,i managed to pick up a bottlegreen woolen m43 police cap of a nice 1967 vintage the maker is albert kempf ,its a really well made quality field cap ,as ive drawn a blank trying to pick up a period bgs cap in the sumpfmuster cammo this will do a treat for my display ,thanks again oradourmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my small but growing BW collection
    P
    Many

Great collection! Really like the helmets with the goggles

James thats a really nice M43 style BGS/Polizie cap, it will go well with your display
    Prost ! Steve.

excellent steve thats great to hear ,and thanks for popping in

well my Bundesgrenzschutz display is slowly moving forward i managed to pick up a nice 1968 dated field jacket from a great bloke in canada and at a very reasonable price too , now either it has had a field repair down the spine of the jacket or part of the demilitarisation process im not sure but im really pleased with it ,the quality of materials and construction is second to none ,unfortunately the rear D rings are missing and also some internal hooks that support the belt,there are some initials on the inside pocket ,looks like im going to have to buy my first mannequin now my small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection)

ive had a proper look at the coat today and have taken some extra photos of my findings ,at first i thought the demilitarisation of the coat was limited only to the D rings being removed ,but ive now ive found a few more tell tale signs firstly i was wondering why the arm pocket had pop studs on the sleeve but none on the flap ,i can now see that the pocket has been spliced onto what remains of the original it is more apparent on the inside as you can see two types of velcro used also on the shoulders there are thread remains as if perhaps there was once buttons there ,which makes me think there must be a detachable hood for the style jacket ,next up the internal hooks that support the belt are missing as is the material that they fix too ,these have been cut off ,also i noticed material missing from the elbow area its an extra piece of material almost eliptical in shape ,pehaps the removed material was reused to manufacture the sleeve pocket ,ive also added some close ups of some of the detailing ,the collar has an almost zig zag pattern stiching and i found a very small pocket internally near the hip area ,im guessing perhaps it was reworked once passed on to a commercial retailer such as sturm where they have made good the damage caused by demilitarisation and then sold on im still pleased with it though ,perhaps it isnt at the high end of the collectable market but it will do for me i am also pleased with how vibrant the cammo colours are my small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

here's how the display looks for the time being due to my limited space ,it fits in nicely with my bundeswehr display ,enjoy jamesmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

here's two more additions to the Bundesgrenzschutz display ,this belt was missing from my coat i believe it tightens up the waist area ,most of these were damaged when coats were demilitarised by a knife cut down the back of the jacket ,i also managed to pick up a nice 1963 dated bread bag ,very similar in design to the ww2 type ,this one looks to be a greenish/ turquoise in colour and has that unmistakable musty odour as though been in storage for a whilemy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

here's my bgs torso display thus far ,albiet for a few minor discrepancies ,hopefully i will pick up more items in the futuremy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

picked up this tunic ,very much in the wermacht style i believe but not 100% certain is Bundesgrenzschutz there are no maker marks what so ever the only reason i think west german borderguard is because two insignia patches have been carefully removed off the wearers left shoulder i can clearly see a cresent shape and below a shield shape ,if any body could shed some more light on this one id be gratefull ,it still has the shoulder board ranks ,also maybe a possible idea on year of use ,my small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collectionmy small but growing BW collection

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast