Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My small contemporary Bundeswehr collection.

Article about: Hi Fellow Collectors, thought I would share with you my small collection, nothing special or rare, although saying that I would appreciate some information about the Modell D Trousers which

?

Default My small contemporary Bundeswehr collection.

Hi Fellow Collectors, thought I would share with you my small collection, nothing special or rare, although saying that I would appreciate some information about the Modell D Trousers which I think are "trials" trousers which were not introduced into service??, other than that I hope you like what I have posted,regards Opex.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small contemporary Bundeswehr collection.
    P
    Many

Great collection you've got there, i should imagine the modell D trousers were for tank or APC crews, containing Aramid they would fire/flame resistant!..

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Great collection you've got there, i should imagine the modell D trousers were for tank or APC crews, containing Aramid they would fire/flame resistant!..
    Thanks for the information Gunny, which makes sense, I really do not know a great deal about them, so this is useful for my research

Great collection Opex ! indeed the trousers marked "Truppenversuch 1984" are indeed a trial piece...these are rare to find on the open market ! All you need is some insignia/badges for your combat shirts and parka.
    Thanks for showing
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 05-09-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    They were not especially for tank/APC crews, but the idea behind including Aramid in the fabric mix was indeed to make the garments more fire-/heat resistant.

This material was not introduced for Army uniforms after the trials, but it was implemented for the Navy's onboard work-/battle uniforms [Arbeits- und Gefechtsanzug or AGA; later re-designated as Bordgefechtsanzug or BGA].

See here for more uniforms from the 1984 (and other) uniform trials (German language, but with many pictures):

Truppenversuch - Ausrüstung - multi-board.com

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Great collection Opex ! indeed the trousers marked "Truppenversuch 1984" are indeed a trial piece...these are rare to find on the open market ! All you beed is some insignia/badges for your combat shirts and parka.
    Thanks for showing
    Prost ! Steve.

Many thanks Steve, annoyingly I did have a set of West German ISAF patches,but traded them on for some French equivalents, but I wish I still had them now, the Uniforms would look better patched up. I assumed the Modell D trousers were not standard issue, so all the more information I can gain the better.

Thanks for giving me a heads up this sub forum existed, I'm happy to share to aid a discussion

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    They were not especially for tank/APC crews, but the idea behind including Aramid in the fabric mix was indeed to make the garments more fire-/heat resistant.

This material was not introduced for Army uniforms after the trials, but it was implemented for the Navy's onboard work-/battle uniforms [Arbeits- und Gefechtsanzug or AGA; later re-designated as Bordgefechtsanzug or BGA].

See here for more uniforms from the 1984 (and other) uniform trials (German language, but with many pictures):

Many thanks for the information/link to this excellent reference site,this is very useful indeed. I just wish I had a matching Jacket to go with my trousers , but I am happy to have learned more about these unusual pieces of Bundeswehr militaria.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

Great link!.....

?

Hi Fellow Collectors , I managed to but this jacket from ebay over the weekend for 99p, I am guessing it is a Model A ?, when it arrives I will post some more detailed photo's and hopefully the label is legible so I can confirm the exact Model.Regards Opex.

?

Hi Fellow collectors to update this thread the jacket arrived today, I am slightly disappointed as it does not state Model A on the label, but this does lead on to the question what model is this jacket ?, I have provided my own photo's ,I would appreciate any input on this jacket and also does anyone know when this jacket was produced...1983??, many thanks for looking Regards Opex.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast