Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Named Army Officers uniforms.

Article about: Gentlemen...latest aquisition, direct from its former owner a retired BW officer...its a 1968 "Gesellschaftsanzug mit Fangschnur (Aiguilette)" jacket is also called the "Zweit

Default Named Army Officers uniforms.

Gentlemen...latest aquisition, direct from its former owner a retired BW officer...its a 1968 "Gesellschaftsanzug mit Fangschnur (Aiguilette)" jacket is also called the "Zweitschenrock" (Two pocket tunic). This type of jacket was authorised for use in 1963, as there was demand for a more ceremonial kind of uniform for official use ... it was replaced by the black dinner jacket dress in 1973. As can be seen the original owner was a Panzer Hauptmann (Captain) attached to "Panzerbrigade 8" based at Luneburg, this unit was active between 1/1/56 to 30/9/93. The tunic has a handstiched officers version armshield attached, along with a bronze BW proficiency badge and ribbon bar for sport and lifesaving medals, it also came complete with matching dress trousers in anthracite/dark grey ! I have obtained from the former officer his sidecap and dress belt....also I obtained his fathers 1959 dated Panzercombination coveralls, which I will show in another thread....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Army Officers uniforms.   Named Army Officers uniforms.  

Named Army Officers uniforms.   Named Army Officers uniforms.  

Last edited by oradour; 04-04-2012 at 12:18 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named Army Officers uniforms.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Army Officers Dress uniform.

Heres the 1973 on Gala jacket that replaced the above uniform......not mine, an example photograph.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images Named Army Officers uniforms. 

Super uniform Steve, thanks for showing. Knowing it's history is priceless. I love the boards and pips. Naive question, what does the two silver and one gold pip designate for BW, time in grade?

Sitges1990.....No gold pips...the frosting on the pips is degrading, (loss of silver lustre due to age), it looks worse depending on the light.....and the angle at which they are seen.
    Prost ! Steve.

Very nice Steve. Great addition to your collection.

Phil

very nice tunic steve looks "wunderbar" (germans getting there)

tom

Default Re: Named Army Officers Dress uniform.

Gentlemen...I have managed to obtain two other uniforms from this retired Officer, who follwed his father (a WW2 Veteran) into the Panzer arm of the Bundeswehr, joining in the late 1960's he rose from Leutnant to Oberstleutnant in his 25 year career, staying in the Panzer arm. I already have his Gala uniform...here is his Service tunic, he is know an Oberleutnant and is still attached to "Panzerbrigade 8". The tunic has a embroidered armshield attached, along with his bronze BW proficiency badge and ribbon bar for sport and lifesaving medals, it also came complete with matching trousers in anthracite with "rosa pink" piping down the outside seam, note the tunic is old style, pre-1970, with loose cuffs...the trousers I believe lost their piping around the introduction of the new style in 1970. I am thrilled to own another piece with provanence...another of his tunics is currently on its way tome, his 1980's Majors tunic....I will post upon arrival.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Army Officers uniforms.   Named Army Officers uniforms.  

Default Re: Named Army Officers uniforms.

very very nice steve those trousers are brilliant bet your over the moon (oddy enought i also have a grouping of panzer items coming soon but only the berets unfortunatly all from the same chap) well done on a brilliant find

?

Awsome trousers Steve they look to be a perfect match to your tunic .Why is it that there always seems to be more of an abundance of tunics over trousers available for sale I find it frustrating when you are trying to build a uniform.

Regards Mark K

Gents...I have finally had time to update this page, another tunic from Hans-Jurgen Pohl, a tailored "Majors" jacket, I purchased this tunic in early December 2011, it got lost in the post over christmas ! I and Hans-Jurgen had given up on it when in late February 2012 it turned up ! I was glad it was found. Here in the wearers own words is a brief description and history of the tunic......." I will give some more information about the tunic sent to you today: I have worn the tunic while being a Major in the staff of the I. (German) Korps in Münster. This NATO-Korps was till 1990 the largest Army Corps with its round about 108 000 Soldiers. We had to lead 5 Divisions in the northern part of Germany during peace time. This corps does no longer exist and has changed to the German/Netherlands Corps with its staff still in Münster but not comparable with the former German Corps.
    You see this tunic tailored by a light pastel shade of gray fabric. The weapons colour is pink – German Panzer troops. On the left sleeve there is the badge of the I. (German) Korps. On the right breast pocket the see the symbol of the staff in Münster. The badge and the Korps-symbol are now “history” while the tunic – tailored in 1990 – is still current and worn by Panzer-officers even today ".
    Hope you enjoyed these tunics/uniforms, Herr Pohl has no more tunics to dispose off. I also show the HQ in Munster of 1st Korps where the tunic was worn by Major Pohl during his day to day duties in 1990...he was later promoted to Lt Oberst.

Prost ! Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast