Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Need help!!!

Article about: I purchased an alleged Bundeswehr hat from Ebay, but once it arrived it was placed beside two Bundeswehr hats I own side by side . There is an obvious difference in it and also is missing th

Default Need help!!!

I purchased an alleged Bundeswehr hat from Ebay, but once it arrived it was placed beside two Bundeswehr hats I own side by side . There is an obvious difference in it and also is missing the classic saddle shape. Now the guy from Ebay is balking and claiming innocence not knowing this problem. I will post pics and you tell me if this was intentionally altered. The first set of pics are from the site of which he advertised ✚2931✚ German Army Bundeswehr HEER OFFICER visor cap PIONEER CORPS August G. Kiel 1959 size 56. In the pics the photos look the bluish grey in color. But when I got the hat here....there is an obvious difference. The top slips off which was black in color and not the same material as all my other hats and the hat band is 3 inches in height instead of the 2 inch. The top piece was not sewn to it so it just slips right off but when on it it snaps to a front piece. Along this extra wide hatband was the label Carl Isken 1970 which looks like a photo copy on material and is sloppily sewn on it states it is a size 55 and the bottom half (hatband and visor) were grey in color. The white material sewn to the interior hatband does not look original to the normal interiors of the other hats I own. This guy originally claimed to be an expert on such items and now he is claiming to be ignorant of this hat and its problems. He is A. Anderson from Iron Cross Militaria. You guys tell me if he was pulling a fast one on me. The first 3 pics are what he showed me, the rest are what I got and took myself.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help!!!   Need help!!!  

Need help!!!   Need help!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help!!!
    P
    Many

I have moved your thread to the appropriate section of the forum.
    Please put some effort into posting the photos the correct way up if you wish members to assist you. You certainly can't expect them to take the time to save your photos, re-orient them, check them out, and post a response, if you won't take the time to post them correctly.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I tried to realign them but it would not comply! I even told Adrian Stevenson about it, that it was not doing correctly. I have been trying for the past 3 hours to get this to post correctly. Even when I did a preview it looked normal then when it posted it was all inverted. Example: The first 3 did just fine, from my end the rest of the photos were looked exactly how the first 3 were but it came out different when it posted. It is the same when I tried to contact people to purchase items, they either never got the PM's or it never went through. So I gave up and went to another site to purchase items. I have never seen a more complicated site to not only post but to navigate it as well. Maybe it works fine for you gents in the UK but here in the USA, I have a ton of problems getting it to comply.

?

Dear Rory,

Please be fair:

1. I am the one who sold this visor cap to Rory and have never said I was an expert on Bundeswehr visor caps. I do medals and bought 3 visor caps ages ago which I am selling.
    2. I am not ignoring the problem or your e-mails, if you agree I can copy and paste all your messages insulting me even though I offered you full refund if you are not happy with the cap you bought.
    3. You accused me that I assembled this from different caps, I would never do that, even if this was an expensive item, it does not make any sense.
    4. The photo was misleading, you are right but not deliberately. I took the photos under artificial light and the colour difference between the base and the top was not visible, sorry about that. The other two visor caps I bought from the same guy have got the same blackish top, I am not saying that this proves anything but I am happy to share the photos if it helps to identify them.

What I ask is to keep the conversation in a civilised and decent way, I did not want to mislead you or anybody else. I am a member of wehrmacht-awards forum for ages and know Steve (oradour) very well from there, all the members there frequently buy (mostly 57er awards) from me and I don't deserve to be insulted or accused, even if sold something what you think is not good.

Let's be matured and discuss, if you are not happy with that, no worries, I will not let you down.

Thanks.

Best,

Andrew

You did not offer a full refund, you left me with the paying for the mailing of this item to and from ....that is close to 50.00. When I am having to pay 50 dollars for nothing at all that is not a full refund. It is not my responsibility to pay for your mistakes in any form. As a seller, it is your responsibility to make sure your product is accurate according to your claims. You are the one who made the claims as to its historical accuracy and you took it further by giving a long history lesson about the Bundeswehr. I am not insulting you as you are claiming. I was questioning your honesty! You are the one who has damaged his reputation by trying to claim ignorance after having claimed it's historical accuracy. I have been civilized. I asked you to make a full refund including the postage and you refused. You are expecting to me drop more money sending it back to you and then you will make a refund? And I have every right to make the claims as to the hat having been altered because even a novice can see that that is was grossly altered. A hat with 2 separate labels is a no brainer. You are the one who is claiming ignorance to this self evidentiary point. My question is how can you purchase an item and not ever inspect it so as to go on and then represent it in a resale environment for a profit and then make claims to having never known it's an altered hat? How is that being uncivilized to call you out on it? Sorry mate, but that does not hold water and no matter how much back paddling you are attempting to salvage here will not work. I asked from the get go to just pay it all back and then I would send the hat back to you. Anyone, having a shred of common sense would have run to paypal and immediately paid the money back and dropped the issue. You can claim all you want what your intentions were but its the money in the bank that talks. Once receiving a product that is based inaccurate information, of which I placed my trust in your word as a seller to be honest. How much would a person believe now if the seller is only wanting pay partial refund once the product is returned. You have placed all the responsibility and cost onto me. So how was the trust established? Why should I trust that I would be paid at all. So now you are telling me and the world that I am being uncivilized? There really shouldn't be anything more to discuss....just pay the total refund and I will send it to you and then be done with it. That is the wise and mature thing to do.

Hi Guys, please work this out amicably between you.

Thanks.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Refunds are never given until the item is returned in the condition it was sent, regardless of the reason.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)