Become our sponsor and display your banner here

New Jacket

Article about: This is my latest jacket which arrived in the post the other day. I am not 100% sure but I think this must be a private purchase tunic as the material is much better quality than my other tu

Default New Jacket

This is my latest jacket which arrived in the post the other day. I am not 100% sure but I think this must be a private purchase tunic as the material is much better quality than my other tunics and the material is a lighter grey in colour. As you can see its an oberfeldwebel tunic from the 11th Panzergrenadier Division. I cannot read the label inside the interior pocket but I think this must be a late 70's coat but I could be wrong. The Divisional patch is hand sewn bullion and the nicest I have ever seen. Everything bar the breast hanger came attached. Fingers crossed I managed to obtain a breast hanger from that Division, if not please let me know.

Phil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	242738   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	242739  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	242740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	242741  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: New Jacket

i realy like this tunic it looks brilliant

tom

Phil, a very nice service tunic, most definatly private purchase and as such they are rarely dated...it is after 1970 in style (no french cuffs), and as a Senior NCO (Untroffiziere mit portapee) would be able to apply Officer style insignia....notice the coller patches.
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Thanks Steve and welcome back.....we missed you

Phil