Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oberst private purchase tailored tunic + 57' awards.

Article about: Adrian, how I wish it was an early type "B" ! it is the RK shown here... http://warrelics.eu/forum/bundeswehr...-awards-41806/ a 1980-90's bead blasted St u L piece. Prost ! Steve.

Default Oberst private purchase tailored tunic + 57' awards.

Gents, here is a stunning tunic from the mid 1960's, full Colonel rank (Oberst) adjutant to General staff (Carmine red waffenfarbe) of III Corps at Koblenz. The tunic is privately tailored and is cut in the "Weiner Schnitt" style (Vienna cut) intended for Parade/special occasions use, made from light grey ribbed material (as in the TR period) and silk lined with frosted/polished highlighted rank insignia. I have displayed with numerous 1957 awards, which are not original to the tunic, but as I am running out of space, its a good way to display them. IMO the equal of any Third Reich Officers display !
    Enjoy...Prost ! Steve.
    p.s. I know the cap isnt appropriate ! I am looking for a suitable Oberst's schirmutze to complete the display ....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Oberst private purchase tailored tunic + 57' awards.   Oberst private purchase tailored tunic + 57' awards.  

Oberst private purchase tailored tunic + 57' awards.   Oberst private purchase tailored tunic + 57' awards.  

Oberst private purchase tailored tunic + 57' awards.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Oberst private purchase tailored tunic + 57' awards.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Oberst private purchase tailored tunic + 57' awards.

Very nice!
    I also like the buste with arms and hands.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

very nice tunic, it's look like art shining and all that

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Very nice!
    I also like the buste with arms and hands.
    |<
    now we know what happened to Dr.Strangelove !

that is brilliant do you know who the colonel was
    tom

Quote by talltom View Post
    that is brilliant do you know who the colonel was. tom
    Sadly not Tom, it is usually custom for families in Germany to remove any I.D. from military tunics upon disposal, I have often found this to be the case going back through to Imperial times.
    Prost ! Steve.

whilst trawling the internet I came across this chap. can't quite make out the badge/award on the right breast pocket. if I did not know any better I would say it is a US Proficiency badge, Marksman, Expert, with type of arm bars.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Oberst private purchase tailored tunic + 57' awards.  

Agreed; it's a U.S. Weapons Qualification badge, Expert grade. The man in question is Ludwig Bauer. See here for an image of him in WW2: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_p3Q0eKo0Oe...autographs.jpg

Gents, super photo of, as HPL2008 states, Ludwig Baur as an Oberstleutnant with Panzer Brigade 36 of the Bundeswehr. During WW2 he was the last Knights Cross recipient in the 9th Panzer Division, whilst serving in Panzer Regiment 33. I have his autograph, which I aquired some time ago, its a pity I didnt find it in the pocket of my tunic !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Oberst private purchase tailored tunic + 57' awards.  

?

Stunning tunic Steve and very well put together. Great early awards too if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if the RK is an early 'B' type because the flash is reflecting off the frames, can you post another pic of it in situ please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast