Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Open or closed hinge block ? 57er's

Article about: There is a very early 57er APB in silver for sale on ebay. Stunning piece!

Default Re: Open or closed hinge block ? 57er's

There is a very early 57er APB in silver for sale on ebay. Stunning piece!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hello there,
    I was searching the site for information re 57er Nahkampfspanges (not much out there) and stumbled across this thread.I hope you don't mind.
    I have a bronze example which appears similar in catch design to the posted Silber example which I may have ignorantly assumed was a copy.
    My issue with it is I think maker 21 Godet Berlin is incorrect for this Award but I could be wrong on that.
    I was hoping one of you kind people could possibly give your opinion on this piece for I am a bit in the dark re it's originality.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57 BCCC 2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	424684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57 BCCC 1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	255.4 KB 
ID:	424683Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57 BCCC 3.jpg 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	424685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57 BCCC 5.jpg 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	424686Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57 BCCC 6.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	424687

Thanks and all the best
    Dave

Dave, thanks for showing ! yours is unfortunately a copy/fake 57er......as "Godet" did not participate in the production of 1957 regulation pieces, these copies appear to originate in Canada, where an enterprising dealer is having allsorts of fake 57er awards made, probably in China ! he insists on marking his products/items with the old "Chancellery numbers" (Prasidialkanziel des Fuhrers Lieferant) this system of marking died along with the Third Reich, only very early 57er pieces can sometimes display these numbers along with LDO numbers, as they were made using certain left over parts, when they were used up the makers hade new non marked parts made.... these "Canadian/Chinese copies are regularly available on E-Bay. Sorry about that....it is an important piece to show here, as it highlights the trade in copy/fake 57er awards, which is now unfortunately becoming quite common place !
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Thank you Steve,
    No need to be sorry mate you have only confirmed what I suspected.
    Feel free Steve to use the images to the advantage of other forum members if need be.
    Thanks again mate
    All the best
    Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12