Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Paper packets for 57er awards ?.......

Article about: Ladies & Gents, .for your information and reference.....Paper packets for 1957 awards......they have been around for some time and it appears they crop up in bunches on dealer sites now

Default Paper packets for 57er awards ?.......

Ladies & Gents, .for your information and reference.....Paper packets for 1957 awards......they have been around for some time and it appears they crop up in bunches on dealer sites now and then ....The general opinion within the collector fraternity is that they are modern made for the collector, all the packets I have seen all look unused with out any creases/damage (i.e. never had an award in them), I show an example from another site, I am sure the owner will not mind as it is for educational purposes......it would appear that observations made of these packets found that they are nearly always accompanied with a late/modern (but genuine) award......so there you have it, buyer beware !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paper packets for 57er awards ?.......   Paper packets for 57er awards ?.......  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paper packets for 57er awards ?.......
    P
    Many

Default Re: Paper packets for 57er awards.......

Nice, thanks for showing i have never seen a 57 issue packet.
    Morris

Default Re: Paper packets for 57er awards ?.......

A more learned collector than I made the following remark with regards these packets...."They are supposed to be unused makers packets, the "story" I was given, was that a maker like St u L provided these packets to retailers, to put the medals and badges in when they were sold, the retailer supposedly asked the vet if he wanted a packet with his medal, but most went unused ! I reckon virtually everyone went unused if that story is true, as i've only seen mint condition ones, i've never handle one, so i dont know if they show signs of age or not??" ......and so Ladies & Gents, the debate may well go on ! I personally would not buy one....unless they were virtually giving them away, and some how I doubt that...see here.....THIRD REICH MEDALS.COM FOR GERMAN BADGES, MEDALS, AWARDS ETC item number M839, in the "Whats New!!" section.
    Prost ! Steve.