Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

parade tunic help..

Article about: hi lads found this tunic it must be relatively early as its got the french cuffs (see pictures) the thing i need help with is for some obscure reason the branch tabs have been left on but th

Default parade tunic help..

hi lads
    found this tunic it must be relatively early as its got the french cuffs (see pictures) the thing i need help with is for some obscure reason the branch tabs have been left on but the eppaulet colours have been removed along with the collar being the wrong way round any ideas why this would happen parade tunic help..parade tunic help..parade tunic help..

thanks for any ideas

tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement parade tunic help..
    P
    Many

Default Re: parade tunic help..

Tom...yes indeed an M62 (round shoulder boards) service jacket, looks to be "Feldjager" orange arm of service, you are right there is something wrong with the collar....and the piping around the shoulder straps has been removed, a common occurance on these 1960's tunics. When decommissioned, they for some unknown reason they removed all or most of the following :-armshield, collar patches, piping around the collar and shoulder boards and sometimes the entire shoulder board ! so jackets can be found with all or some of the above missing. To replace either the boards or the piping is difficult....and IMO not worth the time or effort. A shame, an early tunic ruined.
    Prost ! Steve.

Default Re: parade tunic help..

thanks for your help stev somehow i don't think ill bother with this one but i have found a obsterleutenant medic tunic which i think ill get and post some pics when i get

tom