Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Please help identify this coat.WW2 or Post War Era?

Article about: Hello! I have what I believe to be a Post War Era German Tropical Navy Officer's Blouse. However if it turned out to be a WW2 Coat, then that would be ok I reckon since I found it on the sid

?

Default Please help identify this coat.WW2 or Post War Era?

Hello! I have what I believe to be a Post War Era German Tropical Navy Officer's Blouse. However if it turned out to be a WW2 Coat, then that would be ok I reckon since I found it on the sidewalk. Any help or interest would be appreciated.
    - Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help identify this coat.WW2 or Post War Era?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help identify this coat.WW2 or Post War Era?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Please help identify this coat.WW2 or Post War Era?

Hesher, found it on the sidewalk ! lucky you, it is not WW2, but a rather nice "Sandfarben" (sand coloured) Bundeswehr Sommeranzug (summer tunic), for wear in countries with hot climates....authorised for wear in 1959, and still in use today. Worn by all services, Heer (Army), Luftwaffe and Marine, the only difference being the buttons on the Marine version are embossed with the Fouled rope and anchor motif, so yours is either army or Luftwaffe....the label shows it was made in January 1962, (1/62), being pre 1963 (when rank insignia changed), it is sporting the correct sand coloured pointed shoulder straps and alt (old) gold buttons, the colour changed to silver after 1963 and the normal rounded shoulder straps (off the grey service tunic) were worn. Normal collar patches could be were worn. The "A" stamp on the labal is for "Ausgemustert" meaning "de-commisioned" usually stamped on all surplus Bundswehr uniform items. All in all a very nice tunic ! especially free!
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help identify this coat.WW2 or Post War Era?   Please help identify this coat.WW2 or Post War Era?  

?

Thank you very much Orador. Yes I found on Rankin Alley here in Asheville, which is located in NC,USA. At first I thought it was a vagrant's toilet napkin, but then I saw the buttons. I really appreciate your sharing of knowledge. I guess I'll keep it for a U-Boat costume, for some future politically incorrect Halloween.
    - Hesher

Quote by Hesher View Post
    I guess I'll keep it for a U-Boat costume, for some future politically incorrect Halloween. - Hesher
    Hesher...Oh dear ! as a collector of Bundeswehr tunics, not really what I wanted to hear.....get it on e-bay, it should be restored and in a collection !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I that case I will consider following your advice. I certainly will not disprespect the coat.
    Do you have any idea what it may be worth to a collector? The sleeves have been shortened which seems to be hiding a seam that ran accross near the bottom of the sleeves. Unfortunately, I foolishly discarded the scraps.
    - Thanks Again Kind Sir

Hasher, the early pointed shoulder straps are probably worth as much as the tunic ! it should have "French cuffs" (large turn back cuffs) later, after 1971 they had none...could of been custom altered at the time.To a collector, on e-bay approx $30.
    Prost ! Steve.