Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post war aircraft destruction badge in Gold.....................

Article about: Gentlemen, just obtained this post war made Gold Aircraft destruction badge, instituted January 1945, no known made awards from that period, just awarded on paper, however just after the war

Default Post war aircraft destruction badge in Gold.....................

Gentlemen, just obtained this post war made Gold Aircraft destruction badge, instituted January 1945, no known made awards from that period, just awarded on paper, however just after the war good old Souval began banging them out ! St u L made them alongside their 1957 regulation veteran replacement awards range.
    This is such a St u L made "Tieffliegervernichtungs-Abzeichen" special badge for shooting down low flying aircraft in Gold awarded for the destruction of 5 aircraft.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war aircraft destruction badge in Gold.....................   Post war aircraft destruction badge in Gold.....................  

Post war aircraft destruction badge in Gold.....................  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post war aircraft destruction badge in Gold.....................
    P
    Many

I have one too! I was about to throw it away as a new-collector-mistake but i later thought to keep it as it needs no special care to have it! So these were awarded after the war?

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    I have one too! I was about to throw it away as a new-collector-mistake but i later thought to keep it as it needs no special care to have it! So these were awarded after the war?
    No, not reissued or awarded......the 1957 and associated awards (such as the Aircraft Destruction badge ) are/were re made (de-nazified, so no swastika) in order for veterans to obtain their legitimately awarded medals to replace lost/stolen items, so that they could wear such awards at meetings/functions and commemorations both in private and in public......they were bought at the veterans expense.
    The Aircraft Destruction badge was never made during WW2, but was awarded in WW2, i.e. recorded either on an award document or as a Soldbuch entry............men who won this award could finally hold it physically and wear it on civilian clothing only after the war, when companies such as Souval & St u L made them.
    Interestingly this and the Tank Destruction badge could only be worn as a ribbon bar device in the Bundeswehr.
    I show examples of wear both on military (rare image against all BW regulations !) and civilian clothing of the TDB, the ADB is/was rarely seen, but first image shows ribbon bar wear of two ADB !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war aircraft destruction badge in Gold.....................   Post war aircraft destruction badge in Gold.....................  

Attached Images Attached Images Post war aircraft destruction badge in Gold..................... 

Thank you for the info! So all examples are post war made! I can't find my example to share it with you for opinions! Before i read your thread i didn't give it much value but now i think i will love it like my other items!!!

The back side of my example isn't like the one you show... It has a grey clothing cover!

Also on your last photo with the gentleman wearing three ribbon bars... What is the first from the top one?