Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post war Baltic Cross...................

Article about: The Baltic Cross was awarded to members of the Baltic militia (Landswehr) and the German volunteer units in the Baltic area that, before July 1, 1919, who had been for at least three months

Default Post war Baltic Cross...................

The Baltic Cross was awarded to members of the Baltic militia (Landswehr) and the German volunteer units in the Baltic area that, before July 1, 1919, who had been for at least three months "under fire" in the Baltic countries................The Baltic Cross was instituted in the summer of 1919 by the "Baltische Nationaausschuss" in commemoration of the Baltic liberation fights in 1918-19 in Sudlivland and Kurland.
    The Nationalausschuss was the political representation of the German Baltic population in Latvia at the time.
    In total 21,839 crosses were issued.
    It was only on May 16, 1933 that the Baltic Cross was officially recognized as an official German award.
    Two versions existed, a ribboned version for 3 months service anda pin backed version for 6 months.....

Here's a post war St u L early (around 1960-65) pin back version Batlic Cross I have just obtained, a one piece die stamped award with lovely gilded (chrome like) embellished cross device, typical early first pattern tapered pin and solid hinge fittings.........now to find a ribboned version !
    Here's some images, also shown a page from St u L 1939 catalogue.............
    Thanks to fellow collector over on another forum for the above information on this award, Thanks Pierce !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war Baltic Cross...................   Post war Baltic Cross...................  

Post war Baltic Cross...................   Post war Baltic Cross...................  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post war Baltic Cross...................
    P
    Many

I've never heard of these before, a great looking award!...

nice one Steve.

?

Great information friend.

Thanks for showing! Freikorps-Era Militaria sadly finds itself buried in the Bundeswehr/Imperial Sections...This is why folks aren't familiar with these awards...A Freikorps/Weimar-Era Sub-Section would be appreciated at WRF, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

Nice acquisition Steve.

Regards

I would echo Glenn's comment. The Weimar/Freikorp period is of interest to me as well and a sub section devoted to this would be of much use.

Quote by Nick Hessens View Post
    Nice acquisition Steve. Regards
    Thanks Nick, I should of stated in post 1 that you gave me the heads up on this piece, sorry (not been a good week for me, I seem to have forgotten a lot of things I should of done ).......Thanks Nick, by the way the ribbonned version went for a crazy price, I was well beaten !
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Thanks Nick, I should of stated in post 1 that you gave me the heads up on this piece, sorry (not been a good week for me, I seem to have forgotten a lot of things I should of done ).......Thanks Nick, by the way the ribbonned version went for a crazy price, I was well beaten !
    Prost ! Steve.
    No need for apologies mate, you already thanked me when you received the link. Yes I saw the other one go, someone must've thought it was a rare prewar/wartime version I guess?

Good to have you back my friend!

Best regards,
    Nick

?

Great thread a seldom seen award - Heres the ribbon type 2nd class - no ribbon.
    Horst

Post war Baltic Cross...................Post war Baltic Cross...................
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast