Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post war drivers proficiency badge.......

Article about: Gentlemen, a Souval "drivers proficiency badge" in Bronze, came in a grouping from member "mpiering" yesterday, thanks Micheal ! The "Kraftfahrbewahrungsabzeichen&qu

Default Post war drivers proficiency badge.......

Gentlemen, a Souval "drivers proficiency badge" in Bronze, came in a grouping obtained from Germany.
    The "Kraftfahrbewahrungsabzeichen" awarded to both military and civilian drivers who distinguish themselves in combat and for vehicle care under the most harshest conditions.....once qualified the awardee could have the award withdrawn for any driving infraction and/or failing to maintain the level of care to his vehicle !
    Worn on the left middle lower arm of the uniform tunic.
    This Souval version is die stamped to incorporate the fixing prongs (something he did on his series of campaign arm shields) which would be bent back pushed through and then securely bent back again against the award body to fix the badge to its resting place.........I believe St u L made these badges, which are available in three grades, Bronze, silver & Gold, but their versions did not have "prongs" but were secured by sewing through holes incorporated in the stamping. If any member has any of these badges by either Souval or St u L full size or otherwise please show................Finding evidence of wear these blighters was most demanding, only two being found amongst Sepp45 excellent thread " Vets wearing their 57ers!!!" over on WAF, these show Austrian veterans wearing what could be the drivers badge on their left lower arms, but I can not 100% confirm if they are drivers awards, if they are being Austrians they may well be of Souval origin.
    Heres the images, see what you deduce !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war drivers proficiency badge.......   Post war drivers proficiency badge.......  

Post war drivers proficiency badge.......   Post war drivers proficiency badge.......  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post war drivers proficiency badge.......
    P
    Many

The guy in the colour photo does look like he is wearing the drivers award!...

I agree.

Not sure if this is what you are referring to Steve but, I have a war time silver that has prongs on the back as well as it being sewn to the backing through two small eyelets incorporated into the backing. It is also sewn all of the way around the backing. I do not know who it is made by.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war drivers proficiency badge.......   Post war drivers proficiency badge.......  

Post war drivers proficiency badge.......  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry, after further inspection, that would appear to be the stitching holes remaining from being applied to a tunic.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Not sure if this is what you are referring to Steve. Ralph.
    Ralph, yours being an original wartime badge (and very nice too !) has prongs soldered on to the backing of the badge separately, and then the whole badge is attached as a wartime campaign arm shield to an appropriate colour cloth backing, and then onto the tunic..............
    The badge I show, a post war version was never, as with the 1957 arm shields, attached in such a way, i.e. no cloth backing, both this post war badge and the 1957 arm shields were never intended to be worn on a tunic, as they were only sanctioned for wear on a Bundeswehr uniform as miniatures on a ribbon bar, they were never attached in any way to any form of backing cloth ...........hope that clears it up.
    Prost ! Steve.

Yes, it does.
    I misunderstood.
    Ralph.